Valentine’s Day isn’t all about romance – or at least it doesn’t have to be. Sure, this ancient holiday has traditionally been associated with romantic love. However, February 14 is also as good a time as any to celebrate all the people we love.
Naturally, that includes your sister. You don’t have to spring for a box of chocolates or dinner at a crowded restaurant (although sis probably wouldn’t complain if you did). All you really need is to send a Valentine’s greeting that lets her know what she means to you.
To give you some ideas, we’ve put together this list of Valentine’s Day wishes for a sister. Because sisters come in different styles, so do these Valentine’s messages. Whether you’re looking for something heartfelt for your sweet sis, or just a goofy saying, you can find it here.
Sweet and Sincere
Here are some messages that simply let your sis know you love her.
- A Valentine’s wish for my lovable sis!
- Happy Valentines Day, sister! I love you completely and unconditionally, now and forever.
- I love my sister! Happy Valentine’s Day, beautiful!
- Happy Valentine’s Day to my sweet sister! Love you bunches, sis!
- Happy Valentine’s Day to one of the people I love most in the world, my sister.
- You were one of the first people I ever loved, and you’re still one of the best. Happy Valentine’s Day, sis.
- Happy Valentine’s Day to a lovely lady, a great friend, and a wonderful sister. I love you, sis.
- Thanks for all the love you’ve given me over the years, sis. Happy Valentine’s Day!
- Happy Valentine’s Day to my adorable sister. I wouldn’t trade you for all the cream-filled chocolates in the world.
- I couldn’t let Valentine’s Day pass without sending my love to you, my wonderful, beautiful, amazing sister.
- Happy Valentine’s Day, sis! I was just thinking about all the people I love, and guess what? You came to mind right away.
- Happy Valentine’s Day to one of my favorite ladies in the whole world, my sister.
Here are some Valentine’s wishes to make sis smile. You might also want to consider delighting her with one of these cheesy Valentine’s sayings.
- My sister is like a box of chocolates: sometimes nutty, but always sweet. Happy Valentine’s Day, sis!
- Everyone thinks you’re so sweet, don’t they sis? Well, everyone is right. Happy Valentine’s Day!
- I’m thinking about you on Valentine’s Day, sis. Not enough to send you a card or gift, but enough to send this half-assed message. Happy Valentine’s Day!
- Happy Valentine’s Day, sis! I didn’t get you chocolates because I’ve seen how they make you break out. You’re welcome.
- Having a sister hasn’t always been easy. Or fun. Or tolerable. But you know what? I kind of love you now. Happy Valentine’s Day, sis!
- My sister is like a rose: lovely, graceful, and sometimes a bit prickly. Hope you have a great Valentine’s Day, sis!
- Happy Valentine’s Day from your favorite sibling.
Here are some Valentine’s greetings specifically for a younger sister.
- Happy Valentine’s Day to my little sister, who I’ve loved from the start with all of my heart.
- Happy Valentine’s Day, little sis! I really love you, which is kind of amazing considering how annoying you were when we were growing up.
- I love my little sister! I hope your Valentine’s Day is full of fun, romance, and lots and lots of chocolate!
Finally, here are some Valentine’s Day messages written for an older sister.
- I haven’t always had a mister, but I’ve always had a sister. Happy Valentines Day, big sister! I love you!
- I always looked up to you when I was younger, and now… well, not much has changed! Happy Valentine’s Day, big sis!
- Happy Valentine’s Day to my first friend in the world, my big sister.