Valentine’s Day is all about love, but there’s no rule that says it has to be all about romantic love. February 14 is also a great time to show appreciation for friends – the old ones, the close ones, the fast ones, the true ones, and most importantly, the best ones.
So, how do you say Happy Valentine’s Day to someone who isn’t a romantic partner, but is nevertheless a VIP in your life? Given the holiday, the obvious advice is to speak from the heart. To give your heart a little conversation starter, here are some Valentine’s Day messages for friends of all stripes.
General Friend Messages
To start off, here are some Valentine’s Day messages that are appropriate for just about any type of friend.
- Happy Valentine’s Day to a friend who’s sweeter than any heart-shaped box of chocolates.
- Valentine’s Day is all about love, so I’m sending some of mine to you. Thanks for being a friend.
- Wishing you all the love in the world this Valentine’s Day.
- Here’s a Valentine for a good friend-o-mine.
- Happy Valentine’s Day! Hope you get all the hugs and kisses you can handle.
- I was just thinking about all the people who matter to me this Valentine’s Day, and you popped right into my head.
- Hope your Valentine’s Day is full of hugs, kisses, wine, and chocolate – not necessarily in that order!
- Rather than send you a wordy greeting card, I thought I’d just say: Happy Valentine’s Day to an awesome friend!
An extra-special friend calls for an extra-special Valentine’s Day message.
- We may not be sweethearts, but “sweet” and “heart” are two words that will always remind me of you. Happy Valentine’s Day to my best friend.
- [Single] I may not have found true love, but I’ve found a true friend in you.
- If friends were chocolates, you’d be the one with nougat.
- You’re not just my best friend – you’re the best friend I can imagine. Much love on this Valentine’s Day.
- HVD to my BFF!
- Valentine’s Day is as good a time as any to remind my best friend of how much I love [her/him].
- Some people say we’re just like an old married couple, so… Happy Valentine’s Day to my better half!
- Happy Valentine’s Day to the person who knows me best and somehow still wants to hang out. What would I do without you?
- You may not be my “significant other,” but you’re a very significant person in my life. That’s why I’m thinking about you on Valentine’s Day.
- Valentine’s Day reminds me of how much I love our friendship.
- You’ve been there for me in good times and bad. Today I just want to say thank you, I love you, and Happy Valentine’s Day.
- I’m so lucky to have a friend like you, on Valentine’s Day and every day. You’re the best.
- Happy Valentine’s Day to the best best friend anyone could ask for!
- A whole box of candy hearts couldn’t express everything you mean to me. Happy Valentine’s Day to my bestie!
Group of Friends
Finally, here are some messages you can send out to a group of friends on Valentine’s Day.
- Valentine’s Day reminds me of all the people who have a special place in my heart. Wishing you all lots of love this February 14.
- Roses are red,
Violets are blue,
I’m so grateful to have,
Friends like you!
- I’m allowed to be sappy on Valentine’s Day, so here goes… I love my friends!
- My heart is full thanks to awesome friends like you. Happy Valentines Day, everyone!
- Happy Valentine’s Day to all my friends! I hope your day is full of love.
- To all my friends and family, I hope you have a fantastic Valentine’s Day full of love, flowers, chocolate, and whatever else makes you happy.