February 14 is a day for romantic dinners and cute Valentine’s Day gifts for your significant other — or, it’s simply an excuse for indulging in a lot of chocolate (your one true love!). Whether you’re single or taken, though, everyone knows that Valentine’s Day is a great time for sharing all those picture-perfect Instagram shots — which of course deserve a fitting caption that’s just as sweet as the holiday. Luckily, we’ve rounded up the best Valentine’s Day captions for Instagram right here!
Whether you’re looking for romantic or cute ideas — or even some funny Valentine’s Day captions for singles — there’s a perfect caption for every type of Instagram pic on our list. And if you can’t find the words to express all your romantic feelings yourself, why not borrow some from a heartfelt Valentine’s Day quote, or even from one of the best love songs ever? You’ll be getting all those likes before you know it — especially if you’re posting an adorable couples pic or a snapshot of your delicious Valentine’s Day dessert.
Valentine’s Day Quote Captions
- “If you live to be a hundred, I want to live to be a hundred minus one day, so I never have to live without you.” —A.A. Milne, “Winnie the Pooh”
- “Love is composed of a single soul inhabiting two bodies.” —Aristotle
- “The best thing to hold onto in life is each other.” —Audrey Hepburn
- “All you need is love … But a little chocolate now and then doesn’t hurt.” —Charles M. Schulz
- “You know you are in love when you can’t fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams.” —Dr. Seuss
- “Love is our true destiny. We do not find the meaning of life by ourselves alone — we find it with another.” —Thomas Merton
- “Whatever our souls are made of, his and mine are the same.” —Wuthering Heights
- “Love isn’t something you find. Love is something that finds you.” —Loretta Young
- “We loved with a love that was more than love.” —Edgar Allan Poe, “Annabel Lee”
- “There is only one happiness in this life, to love and be loved.” —George Sand
- “Where there is love, there is life.” —Gandhi
- “Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage.” —Lao Tzu
- “If I had a flower for every time I thought of you … I could walk through my garden forever.” —Alfred Tennyson