St Andrews Day Dance : Supported by the Knights of Columbus St Patrick’s Basilica Council 12158 Ottawa. Visitors may anticipate:
– Scottish stew (meat and vegan), plate of mixed greens and treat – complete with toast to the Haggis function by Ron Roach and Flag walk of the children. ★★ St Andrew’s Day Colouring Pictures ★★
St Andrew Day Dance Ball 2019
– Concert, chime in and set move music by Fraser in the Celtic music convention of the Maritime areas and especially that of Scotland and Cape Breton. (Fraser,pictured here, photograph credit Lois Siegel.)
– Ceilidh square moving – Cape Breton Style for all to appreciate – calling by Beth MacGillivray
– Sounds of the Pipes and drums of the Sons of Scotland Pipe Band of Ottawa – Canada’s most established regular citizen band, under the course of Pipe Major Bethany Bisaillion. ★★ St Andrew’s Day Decorations ★★
– Highland move show by the Celtic Cross Dancers of Ottawa
– This is a child agreeable occasion – kids 12 and under have free confirmation. St Andrew’s Day Dessert Recipes
– Cash bar
Fraser is a 3 man Celtic Music gathering:
Ernie Fraser is an expert fiddler and guitarist from Cape Breton island. He started his melodic profession as a guitarist spend significant time in Blues, R&B and Jazz. Endless supply of a Bachelor of Music Degree, he built up an unmistakable fascination for fiddling that was acquainted with him by his acclaimed granddad, Little Simon Fraser from Meat Cove, Cape Breton. St Andrew’s Day Dinner Menu
Ernie is joined by Marietta Fraser on piano and guitar, and by Diane Fraser on bodhran and vocals. Marietta, a multi-instrumentalist, is from the Glengarry locale of Ontario and has broad involvement with backup for fiddlers playing various styles, just as playing fiddle, banjo and guitar. Diane is very much educated in the people music convention and has been dynamic in R&B music in Ottawa and with choral music with the a cappella bunch The Stairwell Carollers.
This trio of performers unites a blend of melodic subtleties that feature the Scottish and Irish Celtic music convention of the Maritime regions and especially that of Scotland and Cape Breton, Nova Scotia. ★★ St Andrew’s Day Celebrations ★★
The Sons of Scotland Pipe Band, Ottawa Canada
“The Sons” just came back from their gigantically effective fourth Royal Performance at Balmoral Castle, Scotland for Her Majesty the Queen August 22 2018.
Canada’s most established Civilian Pipe Band, established in 1896. They are the principal Pipe Band to be heard in the Nation’s capital on Burns night, January 25,1896. ★ ★ St Andrew Day Assembly 30 November 2019★ ★
Under the bearing of Pipe Major Bethany Bisaillion, the Sons of Scotland contend at all the neighborhood Highland Games and perform in exactly 50 shows and marches consistently. We are focused on building up the ability of every one of our individuals, delivering quality music, and having a lot of fun. More data might be found at SOSPB.com
The Celtic Cross Dancers is a gathering of Ottawa artists who play out a blend of conventional and contemporary movements. St Andrew’s Day Food
With many years of involvement with Highland, Irish, and Ottawa Valley Step moving as instructors, entertainers, contenders, and choreographers, Celtic Cross individuals have performed for Irish diplomats, British high magistrates, and individuals from the Royal Family; have imparted the phase to any semblance of Ashley MacIsaac, the Kitchener-Waterloo Symphony Orchestra, the Sons of Scotland, Ottawa Police, and Royal Canadian Mounted Police Pipe Bands, and with incalculable Celtic groups including Jiggs Boson, the Lyon Street Celtic Band, Occasional Pudding, and the Rockwood Ceilidh Project; have showed up on CTV, City TV, and different systems; and have performed and contended crosswise over Europe and North America.
Celtic Cross shows are an enthusiastic mix of each of the three move styles and are a blend of customary solo and gathering moves just as unique movements. The gatherings collection is fit to any setting or occasion from celebrations to bars to live shows to wedding gatherings and anything in the middle.