St Andrew Day Quiz: WITH St Andrew’s Day around the corner we ask how much do you really know about Scotland’s most famous saint.
AS a country, we are popular for our affection for a gathering and St Andrew’s Day festivities should leave nobody without a party to visit.★★ St Andrew Day Celebrations ★★
Occasions across Scotland leading up to our national day on November 30 will feature the best of Scottish music, expressions, nourishment and excitement. St Andrew Day Greetings
St Andrew Day Quiz & Questions
Also, obviously, there will be ceilidhs to test the planks of flooring of numerous a town lobby.
The evening of our benefactor holy person has generally been the protect of the immense Scottish diaspora where St Andrew’s Societies, from Bangkok to Brisbane, will praise their Scottish legacy and customs. St Andrew Day Poems
You Might Like To Read:
- ★★ St Andrew Day Georgia ★★
- St Andrew’s Day Dinner Menu
- ★★ St Andrew’s Day Crafts Activities ★★
- St Andrew Day Greece
- St Andrew’s Day Ceilidh London | Glasgow
But, increasingly, this significant date is being marked at home.
This year in Scotland more than 200 taking part attractions the nation over are offering 2 for 1, kids go free or free section, displaying a gigantic assortment of days out to suit each taste.
To discover what’s on crosswise over Scotland this St Andrew’s Day, and download rebate occasion vouchers, visit scotland.org/winter.
As you get prepared for St Andrew’s Day, attempt our test to perceive the amount you think about our national holy person.
Snap on the display underneath for astonishing pictures of Scotland.
On what day is St Andrews Day celebrated in Scotland?
The Flag of Scotland is also known as what?
Saltire or St Andrews Cross
Which mediterranean island has St Andrew as its patron saint?
What was Andrew the Apostle’s occupation?
Who was Andrew the Apostle’s younger brother?
Which Caribbean country celebrates its Independence Day on St Andrew’s day and has 2 sugar canes formed as a St Andrews Cross on its Coat of Arms?
Why does the Flag of Scotland have a cross in the form of an X?
It is thought that St Andrew was crucified on such a cross
Besides Scotland and Barbados and Cyprus, name another country that has St Andrew as their patron saint?
Any of – Greece, Romania, Russia, Ukraine, Bulgaria
The celebrations for St Andrew seem to originate from the rule of Malcolm III. Was this in the a)11th century, b)12th, or c)13th century AD?
a)11th – 1034–1093
The Saltire has been flown from all government buildings in Scotland since 2002 following a change to regulations. Why is the Union flag still flown from Edinburgh Castle?
It is still an official British Army flag flying station.
- St Andrew’s Day Dessert Recipes
- St Andrew Day Glasgow
- ★★ St Andrews Day Dance ★★
- St Andrew’s Day Scotland
- St Andrew Day Activities That You Will Admire
Did you take part in our quiz yesterday? Answers are now at the bottom of the quiz! Let us know how many you got right in the comments below.
1. What was the nickname of Scotland’s first King William?
2. Who is the most capped male Scottish footballer of all time?
3. What is Scotland’s longest river?
4. In what year was the Declaration of Arbroath, Scotland’s Declaration of Independence, written?
5. How many husbands did Mary Queen of Scots have?
6. Who captained the Scottish rugby team to the Grand Slam in 1990?
7. In which Scottish castle was the late Princess Margaret born?
8. Who died on 1 May, 1873, at Chitambo (now in modern Zambia)?
9. What is the name of the spectacular castle on a promontory near Stonehaven?
10. Name the collection of Scottish factual (mostly) historical stories by Sir Walter Scott?
11. The centenary of the death of which pioneering Scottish doctor was commemorated recently?
12. Name the golfer who was the last Scot to win the Open Championship and in which year?
You might be interested in:
- ★★ St Andrew’s Day Decorations ★★
- St Andrew Day Romania
- St Andrew Day Poems
- St Andrew’s Day Bank Holiday
13. Which castle is located at 100 St Andrews Drive, Pollokshaws, Glasgow?
14. By what collective name were the English invasions of Scotland between 1543 and 1547 known?
15. In which building in Scotland would you find the Apprentice or Prentice Pillar?
16. Which famous writer was born on the island of Raasay on 26 October, 1911?
17. In which Edinburgh graveyard is the Political Martyrs Monument to be found?
18. Which two Scottish cities have locations called Golden Square?
19. Which novelist was awarded an honorary degree by Stirling University last week?
20. What gender were the Wigtown Martyrs?
21. Whose first novel was HMS Ulysses, published in 1955?
22. Following the test of an anthrax device, which island off the Scottish coast was quarantined from 1942 to 1987?
23. In which Scottish village is located the oldest subscription library in Britain?
24. Where in Scotland would you find the Quirang?
25. In which branch or branches of the arts did Violet Jacob (1863-1946) excel?
26. Who is the most capped Scottish female footballer of all time?
27. From which disease did Robert Burns die?
28. Which continent is John McDouall Stuart (1815-1866) famous for exploring?
29. Who was the first surgeon to successfully remove a brain tumour in 1879?
30. What was the given name of the political movement in the Scottish Parliament that opposed the Act of Union in 1707?