NATIONAL PIZZA DAY
National Pizza Day on February 9th celebrates one of America’s all-time favorite foods. Whether it is thin crust, Chicago-style, deep dish or anything in between, pizza is an American favorite.
Click play to hear the story on why we celebrate National Pizza Day, as told by the founder of National Day Calendar, Marlo Anderson.
Here are some interesting facts about pizza:
- Pepperoni is the most popular pizza at 36% of all pies ordered.
- Over 3 billion pizzas are sold in the USA each year. Add another 1 billion on frozen pizzas
- 17% of all US Restaurants are pizzerias.
- Antica Pizzeria, the first Pizzeria, opened in Naples, Italy, in 1738.
- Gennaro Lombardi, the first Pizzeria in the United States, opened in 1895 in New York City.
- Americans consume on average 23 pounds of pizza per person each year.
HOW TO OBSERVE #NationalPizzaDay
Your Very Special Offers:
- Blaze Pizza – Two Pepperoni Pizzas for $10 with online orders.
- CiCi’s – With coupon, carry out three one-topping pizzas @ $5 each.
- Marco’s Pizza – Feb. 9, 2020, only, free medium cheese pizza with the purchase of any large pizza. Use promo code BOGOCHZ.
- Round Table Pizza – Get their bounce-back coupon to celebrate with one free personal cheese or 1-topping pizza with any dine-in purchases. Limit one per order. See the website for more details.
- Einstein Bro. – Offering 2 slices for $3 from February 3-9th.
- Patxi’s Pizza – Buy one get any 10-inch specialty thin crust for $9.
- Caulipower – This offers you a unique way to give the gift of pizza to friends or family who’re expecting on National Pizza Day. Visit BornOnPizzaDay.com to send a year’s supply of Caulipower pizza to the lucky family.
- Slice of The Burg – offering buy any 18″ pizza get a 14″ 2 regular topping pizza for $5 all day on Feb 9, 2020.
Send us a message with any other great deals you come across that celebrate National Pizza Day, 2020.
Throw a pizza party and give the following recipes a try:
Perfect Pepperoni Pizzas
Beer Bread Pizza
Bacon & Artichoke Pizza
Margherita Flatbread Pizza
Peanut Butter BBQ Chicken Pizza
NATIONAL PIZZA DAY HISTORY
National Day Calendar continues researching the origins of this ever-popular food holiday. However, the mystery remains. One thing we do know is how to eat pizza. Do you?
There are over 1,500 national days. Don’t miss a single one. Celebrate Every Day® with National Day Calendar®!