It’s Halloween, the most anticipated spooky time of the year. Equip yourself with some interesting Halloween quotes to get into the mood of this season.
On December 31, it is time for you to listen and believe in the ghost stories passed down from generation to generation.
It is time for you to make your ‘inner child’ awaken and become whoever you want.
Halloween is scary, but it is also magical in the way that it allows your imagination soar.
On this occasion, you can feel all the scare, excitement and even happiness.
Let’s celebrate it with the following collection of Halloween quotes.
Quotes about Halloween
“It’s Halloween, everyone’s entitled to one good scare.” – Sheriff Leigh Brackett
When talking about Halloween, what is the most common feeling? Scare.
Halloween is the time that we can release the fears hidden deeply in our hearts. We can freely express the weakness in our soul and respect for the unknown.
The fear is also one important feeling that completes us and makes life interesting.
“Most people will tell you growing up means you stop believing in Halloween things – I’m telling you the reverse. You start to grow up when you understand that the stuff that scares you is part of the air you breathe.” – Peter Straub
Growing up, people slowly realize what is right and what is wrong, what is true and what is fake.
That is why many people think that growing up means that we will stop believing in stories and myths.
Truth is, we truly grow up when we realize and accept the fact that we have fears and weaknesses.
The unknown, scary things are an indispensable part of our life that makes us stronger and braver.
“Where there is no imagination, there is no horror.” – Arthur Conan Doyle.
Halloween quotes point out the fact: our fears come from our imagination.
Thanks to imagination, we can have the world of fantasy, magic and myths. But also because of it, we have ghost, demons and horrors.
Imagination creates our mental and spiritual life – Halloween was born and exists with human’s imagination.
“Just because I cannot see it, doesn’t mean I can’t believe it!” – Jack Skellington in “Nightmare Before Christmas”
There are many things in this world that we cannot see or understand.
The universe contains so much more than what human can sense, things that are beyond our mortal world.
But we can still feel and believe in them from the depth of our soul. Just like on Halloween, we cannot prove the myths, but it doesn’t prevent us from believing and celebrating this day.
“On Halloween you get to become anything that you want to be.” – Ava Dellaira’s Halloween quotes.
On Halloween one of the best things is to wear Halloween costumes and become whatever you want.
You can become a fairy, a ghost or a monster, depending on your preference and imagination.
It is the only time of the year when you can stop being logical and live your wildest dream.
Scary Halloween Quotes
“Being normal is vastly overrated.” – Aggie Cromwell
In our daily life, we usually try to be normal, to be like everyone else. However, Halloween quotes point out that the normality may be overrated.
After all, we are born with our special features and our own unique imagination. The craziness and abnormality can contain our creativity and make us happy in our own way.
That is one of the meanings of Halloween.
“There is a child in every one of us who is still a trick-or-treater looking for a brightly-lit front porch.” – Robert Brault
When we grow up, everything changes. We have to take much more responsibilities, accept the reality and build a normal life.
However, deep down in our hearts, there is still a child who has thirst for candies, parties and dreams.
It is on occasions like Halloween that we can release that child out and come back to our purest fun and happiness.
“I’ve always loved Halloween: the one day of the year when you can blatantly dress as your number-one obsession and people will smile instead of snicker – J.C. Lillis, A&B
There are many things that make people love Halloween. One of them is that it allows people to show their deepest obsession without worrying about being criticized.
No one asks or cares for normality on this day. Everyone is entitled to dress as they want and live one day in wildness.
“You don’t have
to be dead to enjoy Halloween. You just have to have a liking for candy.” – The best Halloween quotes from Anthony T. Hincks
Halloween is a festival for anyone who keeps a young heart.
As Halloween quotes point out, you can enjoy Halloween as long as you are willing to let your inner child out.
The trick-or-treat, ghostly decorations, DIY costumes and games are part of this party. As long as you love them, you are already enjoying this special day.
“Halloween is a day in which some people choose to wear a mask… while others finally feel safe to take theirs off.” – Steve Maraboli
One of the most important activities in Halloween is to make up as your favorite character.
That is when you put on a mask, go beyond your daily routine and become whoever you like.
But from a certain viewpoint, it is also when you take off the mask that you have been wearing. It is when looking straight to your heart, what makes you excited and happy and do what you want.
Check more Halloween quotes you may also like
- “When witches go riding, and black cats are seen, the moon laughs and whispers, ’tis near Halloween.”
- “Werewolves howl. Phantoms prowl. Halloween’s upon us now.” – Richelle E. Goodrich
- “I’ll stop wearing black when they make a darker color.” – Wednesday Addams
- “Nothing on earth is so beautiful as the final haul on Halloween night.” – Steve Almond’s Halloween quote.
- “There is magic in the night when pumpkins glow by moonlight.”
- “HAPPY HALLOWEEN. As Halloween fast approaches, those that are undead will rise and walk the streets. In search of that illusive candy that will promise eternal life.” – Anthony T. Hincks
- “I put a spell on you because you’re mine.” – Jay Hawkins
- “Halloween creatures both friendly & gruesome peered out of the rustling leaves.” – Kevin Purdy
- “The farther we’ve gotten from the magic and mystery of our past, the more we’ve come to need Halloween.” – Paula Guran
- “Every day is Halloween isn’t it? For some of us.” – Tim Burton
- “Something wicked this way comes.” – William Shakespeare
- “Halloween is the only time people can become what they want to be without getting fired.” – Sylvester Stallone
- “Sticky fingers, tired feet; one last house, trick or treat!” – Rusty Fischer
- “She used to tell me that a full moon was when mysterious things happen and wishes come true.” – Shannon A. Thompson
- “Be afraid… Be very afraid.” – Ronnie, The shortest Halloween quote.
- “It’s just a bunch of hocus pocus!” – Max
- “The laughter of children filled the crisp air while off-beat rhythms of knocks and door bells mixed with a chorus of “trick or treat” that sang out into the early evening.” – Amber Newberry, One Night in Salem
- “The dead rise again, bats fly, terror strikes and screams echo, for tonight it’s Halloween.”
- “Shadows of a thousands years rise again unseen, voices whisper in the trees, ‘Tonight is Halloween!’” – Dexter Kozen
- “The jack-o-lantern follows me with tapered, glowing eyes.
- “His yellow teeth grin evily. His cackle I despise.
- “But I shall have the final laugh when Halloween is through. “
- “This pumpkin king I’ll split in half to make a pie for two.” – Richelle E. Goodrich, Slaying Dragons”
- “Oh how the candles will be lit and the wood of worm burn in a fiery dust. For on all Hallow’s Eve will the spirits come to play, and only the fruit of thy womb will satisfy their endless roaming.” – Solange nicole
- “Ghosts and goblins come to play on October’s final day!” – Rusty Fischer
- “Trick or treat, bag of sweets, ghosts are walking down the street.”
- “Clothes make a statement. Costumes tell a story.” – Mason Cooley
- “Shadows mutter, mist replies; darkness purrs as midnight sighs.” – Rusty Fischer
- “Halloween will always leave an empty feeling in my stomach that only candy can fill.” – Anthony T. Hincks
- “The sky grew orange and pink, a pale ghost of the full moon appeared above Salem, waiting to glow brilliant in the velvet black hiding just beyond the twilight.” – Amber Newberry, One Night in Salem
- “A person should always choose a costume which is in direct contrast to her own personality.” – Lucy
- “As a kid, she’d always loved Halloween. A magic night. A night when anything could happen. Monsters could be real. Magic could whisper in the air.” – Cynthia Eden, A Bit of Bite
- “This witch can be bribed with chocolate.” – Halloween quotes from Unknow.
- “First of all, it was October, a rare month for boys. Not that all months aren’t rare. But one strange year, Halloween came early….don’t you ditch me jim nightshade…don’t talk death. Someone might hear…” – Ray Bradbury, Something Wicked This Way Comes & A Sound of Thunder
- “Hell is empty and the devils are here.” – William Shakespeare, ”The Tempest”
- “We’re all mad here.” – Lewis Carroll, ”Alice in Wonderland”
- “Double double toil and trouble, fire burn and cauldron bubble.” – William Shakespeare,
- “When black cats prowl and pumpkins gleam, may luck be yours on Halloween.”
- “Halloween is a celebration of the inversion of reality and a necessary Gothic hat-tip to the darker aspects of life, death and ourselves.” – Stewart Stafford
Halloween is a special occasion in many aspects. It touches the human’s deepest fears, desires and sense of joy.
It is when you can take off your usual mask and become live your biggest obsession.
It is when you come back to the myths and believe in the magic of Halloween night.
The decorations, the songs, the costumes, the parties, all create the spirit of Halloween.
And in addition to that, Halloween quotes point out the meaning of this special night and make people appreciate it. They are also useful for you to put in the gift cards, use in the decorations or just keep for yourself.