Will and Guy have come the conclusion that Good Friday is one of the few topics about which there are hardly any funny and clean jokes.
However, once you think about it, it’s compulsive to research the reason behind the name Good Friday.
Surprise Bank Closure
One day just before Easter Eddie pulled into the supermarket car park. His wife Brenda had picked up a few things and was waiting for him.
“Hi, honey,” Eddie cheerfully said as Brenda got into the car. “How was your day?
“I can’t believe it,” Brenda said. “It looks like our bank is in trouble.”
“What?” Eddie asked.
“It’s closing at the end of the week,” Brenda replied.
That can’t be right,” Eddie said. “It’s a national bank!”
“Well it’s true,” Brenda came back. “I have seen the sign in the window.”
“What sign?” Eddie asked.
“Drive passed the bank and you’ll see,” Brenda replied. Eddie headed in the direction of the bank.
“Right there,” Brenda said as they drove by the bank. “See the sign? It says, ‘We Will Be Closed for Good Friday!’ ”
Another Good Friday Joke
Roger left for the service at 10:45 on Good Friday morning. However, instead of going to church, he stayed out the entire weekend partying with the boys and spent his entire pay packet.
Finally, Roger appeared at home on Sunday night, and obviously he was confronted by his angry wife, Martha who castigated Roger for nearly two hours with a tirade befitting his actions. Finally, Martha stopped the nagging and said to Roger, ‘How would you like it if you didn’t see me for two or three days?’
Roger replied grimly, ‘That would be fine with me.’
Monday went by and he didn’t see his Martha. Tuesday and Wednesday came and went with the same results.
By the Thursday, the swelling had gone down just enough so that Roger he could see Martha a little out of the corner of his left eye
Good Fry Day Chicken
Which day of the year do chickens hate the most? Good Fry-day!
The Funny Story of the Taxi Driver and St Peter
One Good Friday a priest and a taxi driver both died and went to heaven. St. Peter was at the Pearly gates waiting for them.
‘Come with me,’ said St. Peter to the taxi driver.
The taxi driver did as he was told and followed St Peter to a mansion. It had everything you could imagine from a bowling alley to an Olympic size pool.
‘Oh my word, thank you,’ said the taxi driver.
Next, St. Peter led the priest to a rough old shack with a bunk bed and a little old television set.
‘Wait, I think you are a little mixed up,’ said the priest. ‘Shouldn’t I be the one who gets the mansion? After all I was a priest, went to church every day, and preached God’s word.’
‘Yes, that’s true.’ St Peter rejoined, ‘ But during your sermons people slept. When the taxi driver drove, everyone prayed.’
Footnote: If you can find a funny but clean Good Friday joke, please send it to us.
Why is Good Friday Called Good Friday?
In truth, Mourning Friday would be a better description for the day when Christ was crucified. However, there are two possible derivations of ‘Good Friday’. One is that ‘Good’ is a transformation of ‘God’s Friday’. Holders of this theory point out ‘Good be with ye’ has become ‘Good bye’.
The other theory is that the choice of the word ‘Good’ is deliberate, it’s just that our perspective had changed. If in the first century after Christ’s birth Friday was traditionally a feast day, then this particular Friday was the most significant of the whole year. Another idea, proposed by the most devout is this is Good Friday in that it’s the ultimate test of the Christian faith; namely that Christ died, and was resurrected on the third day.
Good Friday Jokes That Will Have You Laugh
Friday is one of the most awaited days of the week.
Want to try out something new this Friday night? How about reading the funniest Friday jokes and sharing them with friends!
Friday should be treated like a superhero in disguise that saves us from work. Whenever we go to school or the office every Friday, we know that tomorrow we do not have to set the alarm and wake up early. It is one of the moments we look forward to, even from Monday itself. And yet it never gets old. Fridays feel very personal to each and every working person. Most of us have our entire weekend planned out by Friday afternoon itself. After studying so hard and finishing all the hard homework during the week, sometimes the only motivation is that you get two days off. Fridays are actually more awaited than the weekends itself!
Friday afternoon can bring out the lazy qualities in a person and Friday nights bring out the most fun side of people. People are so excited about it that they can stop themselves from posting about it on their social media. People celebrate their Friday nights differently. Some go out for dinner and movies. Some people like going to parties, some of them like to hang out with a couple of friends they have been wanting to meet. A few of them go on a short trip and many of them stay back home just enjoying their time relaxing. But the only thing common between all these people is that they have been waiting for it with great intensity. The only thing that can be more fun than Fridays is sharing some funny jokes and puns about Friday. Now jokes about Friday and Friday one-liners can be of many types. So sit back and read this one article that covers every Friday joke and laugh at the jokes for days to come.
Good Friday Jokes
Being thankful for what you have on Thanksgiving is cool until Black Friday drops. People end up buying the things they would not use in a million years just because they buy them for a bargain price. But they are not completely at fault. Some shops offer unbelievable deals that we simply cannot turn down. The only way to get over the guilt of spending half of the salary is to joke about it. We can offer you a list of good jokes to compliment it. Hope you like our deal!
1. How do you make a profit on Black Friday? By completely ignoring the celebration.
2. What comes after Black Friday? Broke Saturday.
3. Where does a nerdy person spend their Black Friday? Geology museum because they get great shales there.
4. Where can you get 100% off on everything on Black Friday? At home by not going out.
5. What did the horse get for Black Friday? A Macintosh.
6. What was on the specials on Black Friday? Leftovers from Thanksgiving Thursday.
7. When do rich people celebrate Black Friday? Every day.
8. Why was the customer unhappy with the vacuum he brought on black Friday sales? It sucked.
9. Why should one visit a tire shop on Black Friday? They will have a blowout.
10. Why was the boat shop owner happy on Black Friday? It was the most successful sail of that year.
Good Friday The 13th Jokes
There are hundreds of superstitions regarding Friday the 13th. While most of them are absolutely hilarious, some of them are really scary. We personally believe in one superstition. Reading some really funny jokes about something you are scared of can make you less scared of that particular thing. So here are some funny Friday puns and jokes related to Friday the 13th.
11. What kind of beans do Jason Voorhees from Friday the 13th prefer? Human beans.
12. What kind of dessert goes best with the theme of Friday the 13th? I scream.
13. What is the best thing to avoid on Friday the 13th? Superstitions.
14. What do you call people who were born on Friday the 13th? By their names.
15. Do you think Friday the 13th is scary? No, but Fri 10, maybe.
16. Who can profit a lot on Friday the 13th? Tailors because they know a lot of superstitchens.
17. What happens to black cats on Friday the 13th? They have a lot of hiccups.
18. What should have been the name of the sequel of Friday the 13th? Saturday the 14th.
19. What’s scarier than Friday the 13th? Mondays.
20. Why did I come back from the office early? Because it was Friday De somber the 13th.
21. What type of pasta is favorable on Friday the 13th? Fettuccini Afraid-o.
Amazing Good Friday Jokes
A few corny Friday jokes can keep your boredom during the week away. A joke about Friday can have many variations like funny Friday jokes for work, funny weekend jokes, lazy Friday morning jokes, and the list keeps going. Whatever the jokes of the day may be, every joke on Friday brings the weekend vibes back to life. While reading the jokes we live through the moments and that is what makes them so relatable. We have prepared such a list of is it Friday yet jokes for you to enjoy.
22. Why did Friday go to visit a doctor? He was week.
23. What is Daniel Defoe’s favorite day of the week? Friday.
24. Where can you have a Fry-day every day? In Grease.
25. What do you call a Friday that is not serious about anything in life? Casual Friday.
26. What did a worker say to another worker who was not feeling like working on a Friday? “Just a few more hours of work left, weekend make it!”
27. What is faster than the Flash? Friday nights.
28. What do you call the day when you have to submit a huge assignment that you have not even started? Frightay.
29. Why couldn’t Friday lift the heavy weights? Because it was a weak day.
30. What did a worker tell his co-worker when the long and busy week was about to end? “Fri-nally.”
31. What would a tired person do if Friday night was a person? Hug it and never let it go.
32. Why was the hospital empty? Because it is a feel-good Friday.
33. What is the greatest gift Friday can give? Weekend vibes.
34. Why was the student so happy to go back home from school? Because it was Friyay.
35. What should you do when life gives you lemons? Ask for more Friday nights instead.
36. What does an employee look forward to on Friday nights? The next Friday night.
37. What is the only thing better than a Friday night? A Monday holiday.
38. What is Friday’s favorite day? Friday. It’s just that good of a day.
39. Why was everybody so worried about Friday? Because it was Fatal Friday.
40. What is the thing that almost sounds unreal but is actually very real? Boring Friday.
41. Where should a cow go on a Friday night after work? Mooooooooovies.
42. What did John Wicks’ enemy tell him on Friday? “Be careful, Wicks going to end soon”.
43. Where can you find a computer on Friday night? At the disc-o.
44. Why could I not attend my friend’s dumplings party on Saturday morning? Because I had to wok on Friday night.
45. What do you call it when you have a good philosophical conversation with your friends on a Friday afternoon over a fast-food meal? A deep fry-day.
46. What do you call it when you have to finish your homework on a Friday? A cryday night.
47. What goes by slower than a boring movie? Friday afternoon.
48. What fun activity did the student do after finishing school on Friday? He went home.
49. What does it mean when you arrived late at work for the fifth time in a week? It means that is a Friday.
50. What does Friday smell like? Weekends.
51. What does God gift to hardworking people? Fridays.
52. How long is Monday from Friday night? Five minutes.
53. What can absolutely ruin your Fridays? Realizing it is Thursday.
54. When can Sunday feel like a Friday? When you have a weekend job.
55. When can Monday feel better than a Friday? It can’t.
Good Friday Jokes
Good Friday is probably the only Friday we are not so excited about. It holds a lot of sentiments for a lot of people. But the only thing that can make the day are some light-hearted jokes about the day, so take a look below.
56. What is an egg’s least favorite holiday? Good fry-day.
57. What do you call a hilarious joke on Friday? A Good Friday joke.
58. Is Good Friday a sad day? Yes, but the next day’s a Sadderday.
59. Why did my dad not go to work on Good Friday? Because it was a holy-day.
60. Where does Christmas come before Good Friday and Easter? In a dictionary.
61. How does Good Friday end? With a ‘y’.
62. What should you do on Good Friday if you want to eat a lot on Easter? Egg-cersise.
63. What did I say to my friend who asked me if I know the best Friday jokes? I told her that I only know Good Friday jokes.