Eid Ul Adha Games: Teaching your kids about your religion and culture is an important aspect of parenting. The celebrations that you have at home and the many experiences that you share with your kid will help him understand more about the values that you try to inculcate in him.
And, if you are planning to teach your little one more about Eid, Momjunction has a list of Eid activities for kids to help you along the way. Scroll down for some interesting and easy ways to teach your kid all about Eid and its importance in your culture. Here are ten Eid games for kids of all ages that will teach them all about the importance and meaning of Eid.
Top 10 Eid Games For Kids:
1. Party Decorations In Various Languages:
- While you get your home ready for the many celebrations related to Eid, a great way to teach your kid about the importance of the same is to decorate your home with message banners in varying languages.
- Let your kid write some Eid messages and make posters in three or four different languages. You can help your kid write Urdu, English and Arabic messages.
- If you or your kids are not fluent with the same, you can also help find some meaningful messages from the internet.
- Put them up around the house and add them to your decorations. It can be one of the best Eid activities for children.
2. Moon And Star Decorations:
- Help your kid cut various star and moon crescent shapes from colorful paper or old magazine papers.
- To add some sparkle to the decorations some glitter on top or cut stars out of shiny metallic paper.
- Hang them around the house with the help of strings to give it a festive Eid look.
3. Make An Arabic Corner:
- Let your kid create a fun Arabic corner at home with different materials in the house, or after getting some from the store.
- You can use various items such as sheets to make tents, colorful lights, cutouts of date trees and such. To make it more fun, put on some theme based Arabic music as well. This is one of the best and interesting Eid games for children.
4. Costume Fun:
- Let your kids wear traditional Islamic costumes to celebrate the occasion.
- Some interesting and easy costumes that you can help your kids dress up in are headgear, turbans, scarves, long dresses and such.
5. Muslim Country Theme:
- Tell the kids about the various countries that follow the Muslim culture.
- Now ask them to do some research and find out an object that can refer to each of the mentioned countries. Use these in your decorations. It can be one of the best and amazing Eid craft activities for children.
6. Fun Facts About The Muslim Culture:
- To make the day more special for your kids, teach them about various fun facts that are related to the Muslim culture.
- Tell them about various facts and things related to the celebration and occasion of Eid.
7. Read An Eid Story With Your Kids:
- Sit down with your kid and read out some interesting and age appropriate stories that talk about the theme of Eid.
- Read a story from books or read them online.
8. Muslim Food Platter:
- To complete the spirit of Eid, make sure that you involve your kids in creating a delicious and theme based platter.
- A few items that you can ask your kid to include in the food list are dates, sweets made of dates, sherbet, pomegranates, olives and such. Muslim food platter is a wonderful Eid activity for kids.
- Eid Ul Adha Greetings, Wishes, Quotes, Messages 2020
- Eid Ul Adha Cookies – Best Cookies For Eid 2020
- Eid Ul Adha Canada 2020 – Celebrations & Sacrifices You Should Not Miss
9. Share The Joy:
- In the true spirit of celebrating Eid, help your kid share some joy with those who are lesser fortunate.
- You can involve your kids in making some food donations to a nearby shelter or orphanage.
[ Read: Teaching Kids About Fasting ]
10. Kiddie Goodie Bags:
- Ask your kids to create small goody bags for friends and cousins that they can then hand out as Eid wishes.
Eid is a special celebration with your family and kids, so do try out these activities to make your kids feel involved. Moms, if you have any more ideas to share, do comment below.