Yin Yang are two halves that, together, represent a whole.
When you divide something into Yin and Yang, it upsets the balance and equilibrium of wholeness. That is why it is believed that both halves chase one another to seek a new balance.
According to Ancient Chinese philosophy, the principle of Yin and Yang is that these are two contradictory and inseparable opposites. A few examples of this include old and young, and female and male. The concept is applicable in every aspect of the world including nature, art and everyday life.
Yin translates to “the moon”, it is understood as a covert, or negative symbol, whereas Yang translates to “the sun”, and is seen as an overt, or positive symbol. In this article, we have provided a list of Yin Yang quotes including a Yin Yang couple quote, some love sayings inspired from Yin and Yang, quotes from Yin and Yang poems, Yin Yang balance quotes, Yin Yang relationship quotes, and Yin to my Yang analogies. If you find this list of Yin Yang quotes interesting, you can check out other articles from Kidadl like these [balance quotes] and [world peace quotes].
Inspirational Quotes About Yin And Yang
Here are a few inspirational Yin Yang quotes and sayings that will help you accept every facet of your life.
1. “The old age old story of Yin & Yang… Every positive side has a negative side too. Which are you?”
– Timothy Pina.
2. “Yin and yang… The dualities that make us human. As though our lives play out on an immense balance scale – move one way, the scale tips to the left, but move the other, and it swings around to the right.”
– Abramelin Keldor.
3. “When one teaches, two learn.”
4. “All that we do is governed by the law of opposites in which every so-called positive act is exactly and equally balanced by its opposite.”
– Tony Parsons.
5. “How I spend my time is my right but in the end, it still affects those I don’t leave time for. There’s a yin and yang in life. But people seriously don’t ever realize it until it’s too late.”
– Rachel Van Dyken.
6. “Now, I know I am not a craftsman… but greatness is in the act of creation and not necessarily in the finished product. Creating is the yin to the yang of our consumption and the doorway to beauty that we all want to walk through. Creating is how I tell the world I love it.”
– Kevin Hearne.
7. “It is important to find a balance of yin and yang, not just in qigong, but in everyday life. In movement, seek stillness and rest. In rest, be mindful and attentive.”
– Ken Cohen.
8. “As with lemon juice, the more sorrel you use, the more it has to be balanced with something sweet, starchy or creamy, it’s a yin-yang approach to cooking that I find rather calming.”
– Yotam Ottolenghi.
9. “The dreams of existence of that we call time, space, matter, subject, object, yin, yang – everything flows forth from this tai chi.”
– Frederick Lenz.
10. “Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to avoid the force of the attack upon your body, mind, or emotions, and apply your response to the weak point. In other words, yield to the yang and push on the yin.”
– Jan Kauskas.
11. “Yin and yang are the left and right hands of the infinite – creator, destroyer, and reproducer of everything that exists.”
– George Ohsawa.
12. “Nothing is completely yin nor is it completely yang. All things in the material universe contain the seed of their opposite force… Therefore, yin can become yang and yang can also become yin, though both yin and yang are needed for the whole to be complete.”
– Chang Sok Suh.
13. “The motion of yin and yang generates all things in nature.”
– Meh Jiuzhang and Guo Lei.
14. “There’s eternal opposition between yin and yang. No third party at all, but treason occurs sometimes.”
– Toba Beta.
15. “The motion of yin/yang is a circular one – more a spiraling one – ever changing between one phase and the other. As yin fulfills itself, inherent within it are the seeds of yang, and visa versa.”
– Rodney L. Taylor.
16. “Given a choice I want to do a yin and yang tattoo on the middle of my chest and right next to my heart.”
– Daisy Shah.
17. “Good necessitates evil and the two sides of that disk are not always clearly marked.”
– Ann Leckie, ‘Ancillary Justice’.
18. “Freedom without discipline is foolish, discipline without freedom is insanity.”
– Ilona Mialik.
19. “Yin is stronger and more abundant than Yang, but Yang is more obvious and active. There is more water on earth than fire, for example, but fire phenomena such as lightning are more exciting and attract more attention.”
– Daniel Reid.
20. “Yin and yang are wonderful concepts, the balance and harmony of life.”
– Chris Mimnagh.
Famous Yin And Yang Quotes
Here is a list of famous Yin and Yang quotes. Let these Yin Yang sayings inspire you.
21. “Yin and yang, male and female, strong and weak, rigid and tender, heaven and earth, light and darkness, thunder and lightning, cold and warmth, good and evil… the interplay of opposite principles constitutes the universe.”
22. “When I saw that combination of grace and power, the fast and the soft, the yin and the yang, that’s what I’d been looking for.
– Lou Reed.
23. “We are not meant to be perfect, we are meant to be whole.”
– Jane Fonda.
24. “Countless words count less than the silent balance between yin and yang”
25. “He was the yin to my yang, the sparkly jumpsuit to my Elvis.”
– Brooke Moss.
26. “It is yin and yang. Light is the left hand of darkness .”
– Ursula K. Le Guin.
27. “There is no life without death. That is the true meaning of yin and yang.”
– Lisa See.
28. “An objective viewpoint was beyond her; she was single-minded to a fault.”
— Alison Weir.
29. “I’ve gone pretty high at times so I think the yin yang of that is going pretty low.”
– Rick Springfield.
30. “Yin and Yang are one vital force – the primordial aura.”
– Wang Yangming.
31. “Yin-Yang is more than just a concept of opposites, it is the beginning of all things, an energy, a wholeness.”
– Gary Erickson.
32. “It takes two to Tao.”
― Ana Claudia Antunes.
33. “Words and pictures are yin and yang. Married, they produce a progeny more interesting than either parent.”
— Dr. Seuss.
34. “It’s not about binary but awareness of Oneness riddle. Between two extremes I choose the way in the middle.”
― Ana Claudia Antunes, ‘The Tao Of Physical And Spiritual’.
35. “All in the eye of the beholder – some of the most destructive forces in the world (fire & water), can also have the power of beauty.”
― Martin R. Lemieux.
36. “I nurture my feminine energy and honor my yin power.”
― Amy Leigh Mercree.
37. “My soul has been severed in two, like Yin and Yang, these parts interlace. Only, both are beasts.”
― Ilse V. Rensburg, ‘Blood Sipper’.
38. “Pain and pleasure are the yin and yang of love.”
― J. Earp.
39. “We are the yin and the yang of the creative process.”
– Cynthia Weil.
40. “There is a difference between a good society and a society that fakes goodness.”
– Kirtida Gautam.
Positive Yin Yang Short Quotes
Read these Yin and Yang sayings to find some much-needed positivity in your life. Yin and Yang quotes always provide a new perspective on potential problems.
41. “The reason as to why we are attracted to our opposites is because they are our salvation from the burden of being ourselves.”
– Kamand Kojouri.
42. “Yin and Yang. Big and small. You and me.”
– Hilary Bader.
43. “You know, yin and yang represents harmony of opposites. Man, woman, dark, light.”
– Christopher Keyser.
44. “Within each of us lies conflicting forces: yin and yang, light and dark, good and evil.”
– David Slack.
45. “The essence of yin and yang centers on the tension between two halves of a whole that are both divided and connected.”
– Angellia Moore.
46. “When there is harmony, Yin balances the Yang and Yang balances the Yin.”
– Brendan Kelly.
47. “Of the ways to achieve success, expanding and contracting in accordance with the Yin and the Yang is the most precious.”
– Zhong Guan.
48. “Heaven and earth are constant and there is one yin and one yang. Yang is heaven’s virtue and Yin is heaven’s use of punishments.”
– Robin Wang.
49. “Yin and Yang are the two opposites which control the universe and thus the human body.”
– George Lucas.
50. “In the black, there is some white, in the wrong, there is some right, in the dark, there is some light, in the blind, there is some sight.
Yin And Yang Quotes
Yin and yang, male and female, strong and weak, rigid and tender, heaven and earth, light and darkness, thunder and lightning, cold and warmth, good and evil…the interplay of opposite principles constitutes the universe.
Nature is about balance. All the world comes in pairs – Yin and Yang, right and wrong, men and women; whats pleasure without pain?
The heart of a human being is no different from the soul of heaven and earth. In your practice always keep in your thoughts the interaction of heaven and earth, water and fire, yin and yang.
Countless words count less than the silent balance between yin and yang
The world is, was, will always be filled with good and evil, because good and evil is the yin and yang of the human condition.
The light is the left hand of darkness.
Ursula K. Le Guin
The Tao gives birth to One. One gives birth to yin and yang. Yin and yang give birth to all things… The complete whole is the complete whole. So also is any part the complete whole… But forget about understanding and harmonizing and making all things one. The universe is already a harmonious oneness; just realize it.
Yin and Yang are one vital force — the primordial aura.
This is a concept that western culture has forgotten : everything is one! The idea of dichotomy is deeply wrong and nothing is better than a great symbol of China, the Tao, the wheel of yin and yang that represents life. The universe is the harmony of opposites, because there is no water without fire, there is no female with no male, there is no night without day, there is no sun without the moon … there is no good without evil! This symbol is perfect since the white and black are embracing each other; inside the white there is a black point and inside the black there is a white point.
It is yin and yang. Light is the left hand of darkness … how did it go? Light, dark. Fear, courage. Cold, warmth. Female, male. It is yourself … both and one. A shadow on snow.
Ursula K. Le Guin
Will and I are yin and yang. He’s all sky, vast and bright and soaring, and I’m all earth. I’m here to ground him, and he’s here to help me fly.
Jada Pinkett Smith
There is no life without death. That is the true meaning of yin and yang
You make sexiness strong by balancing it out: something familiar with something unfamiliar, something masculine with something feminine, something streamlined with something rococo. It’s a Yin and Yang. Women are made of layers, your mood shifts, no one is neither one extreme nor the other.
So my message is in whichever realm, be it going into space or going into the deep sea, you have to balance the yin and yang of caution and boldness, risk aversion and risk taking, fear and fearlessness. No great accomplishment takes place, whether it be a movie or a deep ocean expedition, or a space mission, without a kind of dynamic equipoise between the two. Luck is not a factor. Hope is not a strategy. Fear is not an option.
Stillness and action are relative, not absolute, principles. It is important to find a balance of yin and yang, not just in qigong, but in everyday life. In movement, seek stillness and rest. In rest, be mindful and attentive.
When you expect something, when you aim at something, right there you dilute your energy; you split your energy, you split your attention and it becomes more than the place of yin and yang. You do not only divide, but you create the problem.
What we are seeking is the nexus of all possible worlds and states of mind, which is within us. The source of yin and yang is within you.
Words and pictures are yin and yang. Married, they produce a progeny more interesting than either parent.
The physical universe was created when Oneness became duality, and we can see this duality, this yin and yang, everywhere in the universe, in every atom, every action, and in every function of the human body. Yin and yang are manifest everywhere, except at the very center of being, the perfect point of balance, at that infinite moment where the future becomes the past.
Without people pushing against your quest to do something worth talking about, it’s unlikely to be worth the journey. Persist.
Often, the truly great and valuable lessons we learn in life are learned through pain. That’s why they call it “growing pains.” It’s all about yin and yang. And that’s not something you order off column A at your local Chinese restaurant.
Responsibility and Trust — these two are like Yin and Yang, together perfectly complete, and each one requiring the presence of the other. The next time you mistrust someone, consider this — does that person feel responsible for you in any way? If the answer is yes, then go ahead and trust them. Very likely, they are looking out for your best interest.
The feminist anti-pornography movement, no less than the feminist movement of a century ago, encourages the assumption that male and female sexuality, and possibly morality, are as unlike as yin and yang.
There are no greater adversaries than yin and yang, because nothing in Heaven or on Earth escapes them. But it is not yin and yang that do this, it is your heart that makes it so.
I’ll believe it if I see it” for dogs translates to “I’ll believe it if I smell it.” So don’t bother yelling at them; it’s the energy and scent they pay attention to, not your words.