When a man truly loves a woman, quotes from a set of finest quotes about love may be exactly what your beloved would love to hear. When it comes to expressing or confessing our love, we tend to hesitate to mirror our emotions.
‘When a Man Loves a Woman’ is also an American romantic drama directed by Luis Mandoki that was released back in 1994 that starred Meg Ryan and Andy García as Alice Green and Michael Green respectively.
Quotes about when a man loves a woman will help build a stronger bond of love, as these quotes shoulder your feelings and convey them with the perfect choice of words. Every emotion should be vented at the right time with the best combination of sentences, so if you are looking for some inspiration to express your heart out, then here are some legends who gave us exposure to these mesmerizing quotes. This list includes whatever you are looking for – romantic quotes as well as a quote list from the movie. Enjoy!
‘When A Man Loves A Woman’ Movie Quotes
Here are some witty, funny, and thoughtful when a man loves a woman quotes from the protagonists of the movie ‘When A Man Loves A Woman,’ that we know you will definitely like a lot.
1. “I think I could love you again if you could, for once, say ‘I don’t know.'”
– Alice Green.
2. “I love her. And I tried everything, except really listening, really listening, and that’s how I left her alone. I was so ashamed of that, and I couldn’t even tell her. Maybe if I tell her, she’d love me anyway.”
– Michael Green.
3. “No, Michael, we’re supposed to try to be real. And when you feel alone, you are not together, and that is real.”
– Alice Green.
4. “It’s horrifying how much you can hate yourself for being low and weak, and he couldn’t save me from that.”
– Alice Green.
5. “Can’t fix it unless we know it’s broke.”
– Michael Green.
6. “My wife is an alcoholic. Best person I ever met. She has 600 different smiles. They can light up your life.”
– Michael Green.
Best ‘When A Man Really Loves A Woman’ Quotes
Whatever the definition of love for you may be, these quotes are deep and meaningful to help you create some awe moments with your partner if you are looking for some lovely quotes to spend some splendid time together.
7. “Today you are You, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You.”
– Dr. Seuss, ‘Happy Birthday to You!’
8. “Loving someone and having them love you back is the most precious thing in the world.”
– Nicholas Sparks, ‘The Rescue.’
9. “To love someone is nothing, to be loved by someone is something, to love someone who loves you is everything.”
– Bill Russell.
10. “Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength while loving someone deeply gives you courage.”
– Lao Tzu.
11. “One hour of right-down love is worth an age of dully living on.”
– Aphra Behn, ‘Lover’s Watch’, 2017.
12. “There may be a brighter star. But through my eyes, the light of you is all I see.”
– Stevie Wonder.
13. “When in a relationship, a real man doesn’t make his woman jealous of others; he makes others jealous of his woman.”
– Steve Maraboli.
14. “They told me that to make her fall in love; I had to make her laugh. But every time she laughs, I’m the one who falls in love.”
– Tommaso Ferraris.
15. “The good life is one inspired by love and guided by knowledge.”
– Bertrand Russell, ‘Why I Am Not A Christian And Other Essays On Religion And Related Subjects’, 1927.
16. “Peoples are made of hate and of love, and more of hate than love. But love, like the sun that it is sets afire and melts everything.”
– José Martí, ‘Thoughts on Liberty, Government, Art, and Morality.’
17. “A woman can’t change a man because she loves him. A man changes himself because he loves her.”
– Steve Harvey.
18. “A man falls in love through his eyes, a woman through her ears.”
– Woodrow Wyatt.
19. “In hatred as in love, we grow like the thing we brood upon. What we loathe, we graft into our very soul.”
– Mary Renault, ‘The Mask of Apollo’, 1966.
20. “When a man loves a woman, he has to become worthy of her. The higher her virtue, the more noble her character, the more devoted she is to the truth, justice, goodness, the more a man has to aspire to be worthy of her. The history of civilization could actually be written in terms of the level of its women.”
– Archbishop Fulton J. Sheen, ‘Life Is Worth Living’, 1953.
21. “All love that has not friendship for its base Is like a mansion built upon the sand. Love, to endure life’s sorrow and earth’s woe, Needs friendship’s solid masonwork below.”
– Ella Wheeler Wilcox, ‘Upon The Sand.’
22. “Togetherness, passion, laughter, faith, trust, and jealousy are the essential ingredients of love.”
– Shahrukh Khan.
23. “True love will triumph at the end—which may or may not be a lie, but if it is a lie, it’s the most beautiful lie we have.”
– John Green.
24. “You know you’re in love when you can’t fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams.”
– Dr. Seuss.
25. “When a man loves a woman, he can’t keep his mind on nothing else. He’d trade the world for the good thing he’s found.”
– Percy Sledge, ‘When A Man Loves A Woman,’ song lyrics.
26. “Love doesn’t just sit there, like a stone; it has to be made, like bread; remade all the time, made new.”
– Ursula K. Le Guin, ‘The Lathe of Heaven.’
27. “Though she be but little, she is fierce!”
– William Shakespeare, ‘A Midsummer Night’s Dream,’ Helena, Act 3, Scene 2.
28. “A man who loves you the most is the man who tells you the most truth about yourself.”
– Robert Murray M’Cheyne.
29. “This is the miracle that happens every time to those who really love: the more they give, the more they possess.”
– Rainer Maria Rilke, ‘Letters To A Young Poet’, 1929.
Short Quotes For Her
If you are stuck and looking for some short when a man loves a woman quotes to share your mind with your beloved, then this list of when a man loves a woman quotes will be your savior.
30. “We accept the love we think we deserve.”
– Stephen Chbosky, ‘The Perks Of Being A Wallflower’, 1999.
31. “As he read, I fell in love the way you fall asleep: slowly, and then all at once.”
– John Green, ‘The Fault in Our Stars’, 2012.
32. “We don’t love with our mind or our heart.. but with our soul.”
– Alice K. Green.
33. “So, I love you because the entire universe conspired to help me find you.”
– Paulo Coelho, ‘The Alchemist’, 1988.
34. “A very small degree of hope is sufficient to cause the birth of love.”
35. “Love is like any other luxury. You have no right to it unless you can afford it.”
Anthony Trollope, ‘The Way We Live Now.’
When A Man Loves A Woman Quotes
When a man loves a woman, can’t keep his mind on nothing else. He’d trade the world for the good thing he’s found.
To love someone is to acknowledge the goodness of who they are. Through loving a person we awaken their awareness of their own innate goodness. It is as though they cannot know how worthy they are until they look into the mirror of our love and see themselves.
I love you also means I love you more than anyone loves you, or has loved you, or will love you, and also, I love you in a way that no one loves you, or has loved you, or will love you, and also, I love you in a way that I love no one else, and never have loved anyone else, and never will love anyone else.
A woman can’t change a man because she loves him. A man changes himself because he loves her.
Togetherness, passion, laughter, faith, trust, and jealousy are the essential ingredients of love
A man who loves you the most is the man who tells you the most truth about yourself.
“A man falls in love through his eyes, a woman through her ears.”
I can no longer think of anything but you. In spite of myself, my imagination carries me to you. I grasp you, I kiss you, I caress you, a thousand of the most amorous caresses take possession of me.
We don’t need to explain our love. We only need to show it.
Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage.
- Women, like men, should try to do the impossible. And when they fail, their failure should be a challenge to others.
When someone loves you, the way they say your name is different. You know that your name is safe in their mouth.
Time is too slow for those who wait, too swift for those who fear, too long for those who grieve, too short for those who rejoice, but for those who love, time is eternity.
You don’t love someone for their looks, or their clothes, or for their fancy car, but because they sing a song only you can hear.
Look, let me put it this way: with me, you’re number one and there isn’t even a number two.
When a man loves a woman, he has to become worthy of her. The higher her virtue, the more noble her character, the more devoted she is to truth, justice, goodness, the more a man has to aspire to be worthy of her. The history of civilization could actually be written in terms of the level of its women.
I wanted someone to love who would stay: stay and be there, always.
If my love were an ocean, there would be no more land. If my love were a desert, you would see only sand. If my love were a star- late at night, only light. And if my love could grow wings, I’d be soaring in flight.
You know what I am going to say. I love you. What other men may mean when they use that expression, I cannot tell; what I mean is, that I am under the influence of some tremendous attraction which I have resisted in vain, and which overmasters me.
I fell in love with her when we were together, then fell deeper in love with her in the years we were apart.
My lover asks me: “What is the difference between me and the sky?” The difference, my love, Is that when you laugh, I forget about the sky
A true lover always feels in debt to the one he loves
Justice, like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder.
- In the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make.
The beauty is in the eye of the beholder.