Quotes about what ifs usually focus on the possibility of one wanting something with uncertainty.
Whether to take a certain road and what if you do take it up? What are the odds that something good might happen or not if you don’t take that road up?
Questions like these might end up bothering an individual and it is obvious that we may all face such a situation of ‘which way to go’ while encountering day to day certain conflicts. It could be a conflict about love, learning, marriage, and so many other topics which can lead to different realizations. These realizations can seem a little eased-off with the help of deep quotes, especially with a what if quote about those particular topics. There are many short and great what if quotes that one can use to motivate themselves. One of the best short what if quotes that makes us think is, “What if nothing exists and we’re all in somebody’s dream?” by Woody Allen.
Inspirational What If Quotes About Life
A quote that makes you want to live your life as a better life, especially strong life quotes with possibilities, is always inspiring.
1. “You’d think, ‘What if I make a mistake today, I’ll regret it’. I don’t believe in regret, I feel everything leads us to where we are and we have to just jump forward, mean well, commit, and just see what happens.”
– Angelina Jolie.
2. “‘What if I fall?’, Tim cried. Marilyn laughed. ‘Sooner or later, we all do.'”
– Stephen King, ‘The Wind Through The Keyhole’, 2012.
3. “What if the leaves were to fall a-weeping, and say, ‘It will be so painful for us to be pulled from our stalks when autumn comes?’ Foolish fear! Summer goes, and autumn succeeds. The glory of death is upon the leaves; and the gentlest breeze that blows takes them softly and silently from the bough, and they float slowly down, like fiery sparks, upon the moss.”
– Henry Ward Beecher, ‘Life Thoughts’ p.110, 1858.
4. “What if you had the ability to make every day the BEST day of your life?”
– Hal Elrod.
5. “What if we had a chance to do it again and again until we finally did get it right? Wouldn’t that be wonderful?”
– Kate Atkinson, ‘Life After Life’, 2013.
6. “Do not be too timid and squeamish about your actions. All life is an experiment. The more experiments you make the better. What if they are a little coarse and you may get your coat soiled or torn? What if you do fail, and get fairly rolled in the dirt once or twice? Up again, you shall never be so afraid of a tumble.”
– Ralph Waldo Emerson, ‘Journals and Miscellaneous Notebooks’ p.255, 1960.
7. “What if we knew what tomorrow would bring? Would we fix it? Could we?”
– Cecelia Ahern, ‘The Book Of Tomorrow’, 2011.
8. “Never wait for tomorrow, what if tomorrow never comes?”
– Elvis Presley.
9. “So what if you’re not perfect? nobody else is either.”
– Joyce Meyer, ‘Eat the Cookies… Buy the Shoes’, 2010.
Beautiful What If Quotes About Love
This quote list is a perfect find for the ones who look for love that may change their way of living.
10. “What if I bade you leave
The cavern of the mind?
There’s better exercise
In the sunlight and wind.”
– William Butler Yeats, ‘Those Images’, 1865-1939.
11. “For the rest of my life, I would always be thinking about her. She would always be my biggest what if.”
– Rick Riordan, ‘Percy Jackson And The Battle Of The Labyrinth’, 2009.
12. “What if you were really meant to be with someone? But you kept messing about and having the Horn and so on and you lost them.”
– Louise Rennison.
13. “‘What if I lose you?’ ‘You can’t lose your mother, Charley.'”
– Mitch Albom, ‘For One More Day’, 2009.
14. “It is a risk to love. What if it doesn’t work out? Ah, but what if it does.”
– Peter McWilliams, ‘Catch Me With Your Smile’, 1990.
15. “I don’t fall in love very easily. It takes a long time, and then when I have fallen in love, I’m still not sure. I’m suspicious of myself. What if tomorrow I don’t feel the same? I have to wait, to be sure. And I wait and wait.”
– Joey Comeau.
Ironically Funny What If Quotes
Not all what if quotes are deep quotes, this is a funny quote list for little humor in the possibilities.
16. “‘And what if I fail?’ ‘Ah! Then you’ll have a story to tell.'”
– Julie Orringer, ‘The Invisible Bridge’, 2011.
17. “Harry: And what if I wave my wand and nothing happens?
Ron: Throw it away and punch him on the nose.”
– J. K. Rowling, ‘Harry Potter And The Philosopher’s Stone’, 2001.
18. “But what if music is what escapes when a heart breaks?”
– Jandy Nelson, ‘The Sky Is Everywhere’, 2010.
19. “What if I never stop inventing?”
– Jonathan Safran Foer, ‘Extremely Loud And Incredibly Close’, 2006.
20. “What if someone gave a war and Nobody came?”
– Allen Ginsberg.
21. “What if the Secret to Success is Failure?”
– Paul Tough, ‘New York Times’, 2011.
What If Quote About Finding Meaning
One may want to look for their purpose, and these quotes could help you find that purpose in life while you work or simply live.
22. “But Marge, what if we chose the wrong religion? Each week we just make God madder and madder.”
– Matt Groening, ‘Simpsons Comics Madness’, 2003.
23. “‘Things usually work out in the end.’
‘What if they don’t?’
‘That just means you haven’t come to the end yet.'”
24. “But what if all the tranquility, all the comfort, all the contentment were now to come to a horrifying end?”
– Franz Kafka, ‘Metamorphosis and Other Stories’ p.22, 2003.
25. “What if you just did it your own way? No rules, no right or wrong, just what you think is beautiful?”
– Sandra Magsamen, ‘Living Artfully’, 2013.
What If Quotes
What if nothing exists and we’re all in somebody’s dream?
What if everything is an illusion and nothing exists? In that case, I definitely overpaid for my carpet.
What if we knew what tomorrow would bring? Would we fix it? Could we?
Its better to shoot and miss, then to let time run out and wonder what if
When you ask “why”, “what if” and “why not” you force yourself to explore what’s possible and not just what is.
Do not be too timid and squeamish about your actions. All life is an experiment. The more experiments you make the better. What if they are a little coarse and you may get your coat soiled or torn? What if you do fail, and get fairly rolled in the dirt once or twice? Up again, you shall never be so afraid of a tumble.
What if you just did it your own way? No rules, no right or wrong, just what you think is beautiful?
It is a risk to love. What if it doesn’t work out? Ah, but what if it does.
What if I told you that 10 years from now, your life would be exactly the same? I doubt you would be happy. So, why are you so afraid of change?
And what if I fail?” “Ah! Then you’ll have a story to tell.
What if today.. you were inspired and fed by your thoughts instead of being confined by them?
What if everything that happened here, happened for a reason?
Never wait for tomorrow, what if tomorrow never comes?
So what if you’re not perfect? nobody else is either.
Ask yourself: If I can’t avoid it, change it, or make it go away, what if I changed my response to it? What if I decided to stop letting it bother me?
What if you do fail, and get fairly rolled in the dirt once or twice. Up again, you shall never be so afraid of a tumble.
What if you had the ability to make EVERYDAY the BEST day of your life? You do! You see, we have the opportunity to make everyday our best, through the power of our perspective. The quality of our lives has little to do with what happens to us, but is always determined by the perspective we choose to view our lives from.
Things usually work out in the end.” “What if they don’t?” “That just means you haven’t come to the end yet.
What if instead of focusing on what you don’t have, you concentrate on what you’ve got?
What if someone gave a war and Nobody came?
What if the only resolution you made was to love yourself more?
What if nothing needs to change other than our perception of what we see?
I’m not a what-if and could-have person. I’m happy with my decisions.
For the rest of my life I would always be thinking about her. She would always be my biggest what if. -Perseus Jackson
You can’t choose where you belong, and where you don’t. But what if the place you don’t belong is the only place you have left?