The plot opens with Carmen (the Village leader’s daughter) mistaking three silent movie actors to be real heroes!
Carmen feels the three amigos will save her little Mexican village of Santo Poco from the clutches of the Bandit ‘El Guapo’. The actual show for the three amigos opens when they struggle hard to live up to their reputation of saviors and stop El Guapo from ruining the lives of the people of the Mexican village of Santo Poco, with a gun in hand.
At first, what started as a misunderstanding later turns out to be heroic as the three amigos become successful in defeating El Guapo. They refuse any reward in return with a quote from their own movies: “Our reward is that justice has been done”.
Well-Known The Three Amigos Catchphrase
We love the catchphrase! Even though they were mistaken heroes, never did the amigos fail in captivating the audience. New movies might have new concepts, better names, but they cannot beat the charm of the catchphrase we love.
1. “Lucky Day: Wherever there is injustice, you will find us.
Ned Nederlander: Wherever there is suffering, we’ll be there.
Dusty Bottoms: Wherever liberty is threatened, you will find…
Together: The Three Amigos!”
–Steve Martin as Lucky Day, Chevy Chase as Dusty Bottoms and Martin S as Ned Nederlander.
Popular ‘Three Amigos’ Quotes
The dialogues of this movie are considered quite savage and funny and are thus popular. One of the most famous dialogue is when El Guapo tests Jefe, asking if he knows what a ‘plethora’ is and discovers later that he doesn’t, after which he tells him, plethora means ‘plenty’. Do use these ‘Three Amigos’ quotes whenever there is injustice!
2. “Jefe: We have many beautiful piñatas for your birthday celebration, each one filled with little surprises!
El Guapo: How many piñatas?
Jefe: Many piñatas, many!
El Guapo: Would you say I have a plethora of pinatas?”
– Jefe and El Guapo.
3. “Lucky Day: Dusty, how do you like your bat?
Dusty Bottoms: Medium rare.”
– Lucky Day and Dusty Bottoms.
4. “Dusty Bottoms: Time for plan B. Plan A was to break into El Guapo’s fortress.
Carmen: And that you have done, now what?
Dusty Bottoms: Well, we really don’t have a plan B. We didn’t expect for the first plan to work. Sometimes you can overplan these things.”
– Dusty Bottoms and Carmen.
5. “El Guapo: Are gringos falling from the sky?
[Ned Nederlander falls from overhead and lands with a thud]
Jefe: Yes, El Guapo.”
– El Guapo and Jefe.
6. “Lucky Day: In a way, all of us has an El Guapo to face. For some, shyness might be their El Guapo. For others, a lack of education might be their El Guapo. For us, El Guapo is a big, dangerous man who wants to kill us. But as sure as my name is Lucky Day, the people of Santa Poco can conquer their own personal El Guapo, who also happens to be *the actual* El Guapo!”
– Steve Martin as Lucky Day.
6. “Sew, very old one! Sew like the wind!”
– Martin Short as Ned Nederlander.
7. “Ned: [whispers] Tell us we will die like dogs.”
El Guapo: You will die like dogs!”
Dusty: No, we will not die like dogs, we will fight like lions!”
– Dusty Bottoms, El Guapo and Ned Nederlander.
8. “I know each one of you, like I know my own smell!”
– Alphonso Arau as El Guapo.
Funny ‘Three Amigos’ Quotes
Take a look at some of the funniest and savage dialogues from the ‘Three Amigos’ movie and have a good laugh!
9. “Lucky Day: Well, we’re just gonna have to use our brains.
Ned Nederlander, Dusty Bottoms: Damn it!”
– Lucky Day, Ned Nederlander and Dusty Bottoms.
10. “Carmen: I like the one who is not so smart.
Other girl: Which one is that?”
– Patrice Martinez as Carmen and Other Girl.
11. “Lucky Day: Mount up! … It means get on your horses.”
– Steve Martin as Lucky Day.
12. “Mr. Flugelman: Do you know what ‘nada’ means?
Dusty Bottoms: Isn’t that a light chicken gravy?”
– Chevy Chase as Dusty Bottoms and Joe Mantanga as Mr. Flungelman.
13. “Lucky Day: Oh, great. You killed the invisible swordsman!
Ned Nederlander: [runs over to check] He’s dead, all right.
Dusty Bottoms: How was I supposed to know where he was?
Lucky Day: You were supposed to fire up. *We* both fired *up*. [aside] It’s like living with a six-year-old.”
– Martin Short as Ned Nederlander and Chevy Chase as Dusty Bottoms.
14. “Rodrigo: Can I have your watch when you are dead?”
– Philip Gordon as Rodrigo.
15. “Mr. Flugelman: It’ll be a cold day in hell when Harry Flugelman lets an actor tell *him* what to do!”
– Joe Mantanga as Mr. Flugelman.
Three Amigos Movie Quotes
#1. Yeah, acting is very difficult. As much as I love it, and the challenge of it, I’m so often just terrified by it. – Author: Kate Winslet
#2. Maintain your health. Be joyful. Do not force yourself to do things you cannot do.”2 – Author: Thich Nhat Hanh
#3. I got a way to get through to kids. I try to take that and use that to my advantage. If we work on the kids right now, I’m telling you, they’ll be making less mistakes, the jails will be gettin’ less full. It’s all about what we do with the kids. – Author: Flavor Flav
#4. So in a certain sense disintegration may have its advantages. But of course it’s dangerous, horribly dangerous. Suppose you couldn’t get back, out of the chaos … – Author: Aldous Huxley
#5. I pushed. You have a right to push back. – Author: Jaci Burton
#6. Obama’s an angry guy. He’s got a chip on his shoulder. – Author: Rush Limbaugh
#7. I’m a person with a ton of energy who likes to scream and party and rock out. And there are other sides of me that are real serious. – Author: Avril Lavigne
#8. You’ll probably die if you stay with me,’ he told me.
‘Then I’m dead either way, because I won’t survive without you. – Author: Julie Hockley
#9. I love you, too,’ he whispered, one corner of his mouth lifting into a smile. I grinned back, then kissed him until I felt light-headed and breathless. – Author: Alyxandra Harvey
#10. I’ve been captivated by the idea of being on a basketball court and being surrounded by people who made me look a little bit less like a freak. – Author: John Amaechi
#11. Famous people like to choose friends who won’t go around repeating their conversations and details about them. – Author: David Sedaris
#12. The cloudy weather melts at length into beauty, and the brightest smiles of the heart are born of its tears. – Author: Hosea Ballou
#13. In the ’80s, I can’t say that Amy and I were aware of an independent film community. We could only get a certain amount of money for our pictures, which made them low budget movies, but they were distributed through studios. – Author: Griffin Dunne
#14. I listen to and I play all kinds of music, and I’m interested in jazz and in bluegrass – I like it all – but Cuban music speaks to me in a certain way. – Author: Andy Garcia
Three Amigos Quotes
hardest ones to love are always the ones who need it most.” -Cherise — Sherrilyn Kenyon