Being a mother is one of the most important and most challenging jobs in the world.
It is also one of the most under-appreciated jobs in the world. This is exactly why we’ve compiled this list of the best stay at home mom quotes as a little token of appreciation.
Although it is a very difficult job, being a stay at home mom also has some benefits, like you can always be there when your kid needs you and you can spend more time with them. If you’d like to read more quotes, then check out these funny mom quotes and [new mom quotes].
Inspirational Stay At Home Mom Quotes
Here are some inspirational quotes for stay at home moms.
1. “There is one gift that trumps all other talents—being an excellent parent. If you can successfully raise a child in this day in age to have integrity then you have left a legacy that future generations will benefit from.”
– Shannon L. Alder.
2. “I think women should have choices and should be able to do what they like, and I think it’s a great choice to stay at home and raise kids, just as it’s a great choice to have a career.”
– Will Schwalbe, ‘The End of Your Life Book Club’.
3. “Working moms, stay-at-home moms, they’re both extremely hard jobs.”
– Hilary Rosen.
4. “A person who abandons a career in order to stay home and raise children is considered not to be living up to his potential- as if a job title and salary are the sole measure of human worth.”
– Bill Watterson.
5. “A mother can feel desperate for sleep yet equally desperate to comfort her baby when he needs her at night. I have spoken to many mothers who have sacrificed their own sleep, waking up numerous times every night because their babies cried for them.”
– Naomi Stadlen, ‘What Mothers Do’.
6. “Whether you are a stay-at-home mom, or on the red carpet, or in Afghanistan, the better you feel, the better you do your job.”
– Bobbi Brown.
7. “It’s about getting the kids up and fed, getting one to school, getting the other down for a nap, going to the grocery store, picking one up from school, getting the other one down for another nap, cooking dinner.”
– Jennifer Garner.
8. “This is my life: sitting around dying of boredom, the whining, the tantrums, the baby weight, the endlessness of it all.”
– Hayley DeRoche, ‘Hello Lovelies’.
9. “There ought to be a hall of fame for mamas / Creation’s most unique and precious pearl / And heaven help us always to remember / That the hand that rocks the cradle rules the world.”
– Glen Campbell.
10. “I’m so happy and thankful I made it a point to be a stay-at-home mom.”
– Candace Cameron.
11. “Perhaps it takes courage to raise children..”
– John Steinbeck, ‘East of Eden’.
12. “Motherhood – no matter if you’re a working mom or stay at home mom – is really tough sometimes. It can really leave us each day with a sense of wondering if we’re doing it right.”
– Lysa TerKeurst.
13. “I think it’s a tough road if you’re a stay-at-home mom, a working mom, if you have a partner, if you don’t. It’s the best job in the world, and the toughest job in the world all at the same time.”
– Angela Kinsey.
14. “The time spent on family is not a sacrifice. You are living a life with choices; when you make the right ones, you have a good life.”
– Laura Schlessinger.
15. “If she wasn’t careful, she’d slide without a ripple into the gently flowing stream of her old life, pulled back under the current without a whimper of protest. Another housewife lost in the flow.”
– Kristin Hannah, ‘On Mystic Lake’.
16. “All women should be able to make the best choices for themselves and their families, and no one should be belittled, degraded, or disregarded because of what she chooses to do.”
– Kirsten Gillibrand, ‘Off the Sidelines’.
Funny Stay At Home Mom Quotes
Here are some funny stay at home mom quotes and sayings that’ll help you blow off some steam. These being a stay at home mom quotes will bring a smile to your face on tough days.
17. “If evolution really works, how come mothers have only two hands?”
– Milton Berle.
18. “I always say if you aren’t yelling at your kids, you’re not spending enough time with them.”
– Reese Witherspoon.
19. “There is only one pretty child in the world, and every mother has it”
– Chinese Proverb.
20. “When your mother asks, ‘Do you want a piece of advice?’ it is a mere formality. It doesn’t matter if you answer yes or no. You’re going to get it anyway.”
– Erma Bombeck.
21. “I want my children to have all the things I couldn’t afford. Then I want to move in with them.”
– Phyllis Diller.
Quotes About Motherhood
These quotes about motherhood best describe the role a mother plays in a person’s life.
22. “But kids don’t stay with you if you do it right. It’s the one job where the better you are, the more surely you won’t be needed in the long run.”
– Barbara Kingsolver, ‘Pigs in Heaven’.
23. “Mothers and their children are in a category all their own. There’s no bond so strong in the entire world. No love so instantaneous and forgiving.”
– Gail Tsukiyama.
24. “I see myself as a mom first. I’m so lucky to have that role in life. The world can like me, hate me, or fall apart around me and at least I wake up with my kids and I’m happy.”
– Angelina Jolie.
25. “To describe my mother would be to write about a hurricane in its perfect power. Or the climbing, falling colors of a rainbow.”
26. “There’s no way to be a perfect mother and a million ways to be a good one.”
– Jill Churchill.
27. “I don’t know if I feel like a bad mom, but at the end of the day I’m always plagued with, did I do enough? Should I go in a different direction? But I also know that my entire life revolves around my son.”
– Sandra Bullock.
28. “My mom smiled at me. Her smile kind of hugged me”
– R.J. Palacio, ‘Wonder’.
29. “Mother is the name for God in the lips and hearts of little children.”
– William Makepeace Thackeray.
30. “No man is poor who has a godly mother.”
– Abraham Lincoln.
31. “Mothers are like glue. Even when you can’t see them, they’re still holding the family together.”
– Susan Gale.
32. “My mother is my root, my foundation. She planted the seed that I base my life on, and that is the belief that the ability to achieve starts in your mind.”
– Michael Jordan.
33. “I have found being a mother has made me emotionally raw in many situations. Your heart is beating outside your body when you have a baby.”
– Kate Beckinsale.
34. “I realized when you look at your mother, you are looking at the purest love you will ever know.”
– Mitch Albom, ‘For One More Day’.
35. “The best place to cry is on a mother’s arms.”
– Jodi Picoult, ‘House Rules’.
BEST STAY AT HOME MOM QUOTES
‘As a stay at home mom, I may have times where I am completely overwhelmed, but that doesn’t mean I am not completely grateful!’
Editors note: You are welcome to share and use the original stay at home mom quote and images contained below. Please give credit back to our page. Non-commercial use only.
LOVE WATCHING INSPIRATIONAL QUOTE VIDEOS?
BEING A STAY AT HOME MOM QUOTES
‘Being a stay at home mom may be a job filled with long hours and no pay, but it also comes with a whole lot of benefits.’
‘Being a stay at home mom makes you reassess your priorities. Things that were once important no longer seem to matter. What matters is being there for your kids and pouring your time and love into them. Everything else can wait.’
‘Being a stay at home mom can be tough, but always remember in the eyes of your child, no one does it better than you.’
‘I feel so blessed that I get to be a stay at home mom.’
‘It’s okay if your dream in life is to be a stay at home mom.’
‘Being a stay at home mom isn’t easy, but it is definitely the best job anyone could ever have.’
‘Being a stay at home doesn’t mean I don’t work.’
‘As a stay at home mom, I feel so blessed but also kind of a mess at the same time.’
INSPIRATIONAL QUOTES FOR STAY AT HOME MOMS
‘Children are not a distraction from more important work. They are the most important work.’ – C.S. Lewis
‘To the stay at home mama, I see you. I see you showing up each day, even though you feel exhausted. I see you trying your best, even though you haven’t left the house for days. I see you pouring your love into your child, even though you feel lonely. I see you working tirelessly, even when it seems never ending. I see you doing an amazing job, even though you doubt yourself. I see you mama, and you are more than enough.’
‘To the stay at home mom who hasn’t felt like herself lately, I know how difficult it is when you catch yourself not being you. A lot has changed. Yet, this period of your life is not infinite. Your babies won’t be babies forever. So, be patient, enjoy this moment in life for what it is, and know your sparkle will return and you will shine again.’
‘My house is filled with toys, has fingerprints on everything, and is never quiet. My hair is usually a mess, and I am always tired, but there is always love and laughter. In 20 years, my kids won’t remember the house or my hair, but they will remember the quality time we spent together and the love they felt.’
‘Being a stay at home mom may be hard, but no one ever looks back at the end of their life and thinks ‘I spent too much time with my kids.’’
‘Children don’t ask to be born. It is a choice we make to bring them into this world. That is why we change and rearrange our lives for them.’
‘Sometimes you never realize the value of your time and the moments spent with your children until they are grown.’
STAY HOME MOM QUOTES
‘It doesn’t matter if you are a stay at home mom working mom, or a work from home mom…motherhood is hard.’
‘Stay at home moms don’t need judgement, they need recognition. The work they do is hard. It’s lonely. It’s overwhelming. It’s exhausting. And yet they show up each and every day, without fail. Pouring their love and time into their kids. The work they do in the four walls is more important than we will ever know.’
‘To the stay at home mom, never forget the days are long, but the years are short.’
‘I have a job, it’s called being a stay at home mom.’
‘Mama, the most important work you will ever do will be within the four walls of your home.’
‘Dear stay at home mom, just in case no one tells you today…You’re doing a great job, mama!’
QUOTES ABOUT STAY AT HOME MOMS
‘I think it’s a tough road if you’re a stay at home mom, a working mom, if you have a partner, if you don’t. It’s the best job in the world, and the toughest job in the world all at the same time.’ – Angela Kinsey
‘Never underestimate your influence as a stay at home mom. Being a mother and raising your children is one of the most impactful and influential things you will ever do.’
‘As a stay at home mom, some days I have no idea how I’ll do it, but every day it still gets done.’
‘Being a stay at home mom is messy, it’s challenging, it’s crazy, it’s sleepless, it’s giving, and still one of the most beautiful gifts you will ever be given.’
‘Being a stay at home mom means giving up is not an option.’