Silhouettes are generally a solid outline or form, such as an image, and are depicted in the format of a shape or dark color which is exhibited in front of a lighter background. Silhouettes are elegant and seemingly magical.
Silhouettes are a very common artistic device as they occur organically in our natural surroundings. If you watch someone stand against the emerging sunrise from afar, you might just end up noticing their silhouette when the day breaks. You might also discern silhouettes commonly in photos, paintings, movies, and other works of art. In fashion, silhouettes denote the outline of an outfit. If you need silhouette quotes for any occasion, you can find them here. Everyone needs to read an inspirational quote on any day. Silhouettes quotes can make very inspirational quotes, quotes about such a beautiful thing created by nature. We’ve got a list of great silhouette quotes you’ll get to read on any day to remind you of the beauty of silhouettes.
Best Quotes About Silhouettes
A good silhouette quote will help you see silhouettes in a completely different light. Some of these inspirational silhouette quotes might make your day. We hope you enjoy these best silhouette quotes!
1. “Most people chasing their dreams don’t see the bigger picture, they just see the silhouette. Make the vision real!”
– Joel Brown.
2. “When a silhouette or shape is as beautiful as it is functional and relevant, that’s true luxury.”
– Reed Krakoff.
3. “A human being sheds its leaves like a tree. Sickness prunes it down; and it no longer offers the same silhouette to the eyes which loved it, to the people to whom it afforded shade and comfort.”
– Jules De Goncourt.
4. “Her silhouette never has regrets.”
– Delano Johnson.
5. “Flowers construct the most charming geometries: circles like the sun, ovals, cones, curlicues and a variety of triangular eccentricities, which when viewed with the eye of a magnifying glass seem a Lilliputian frieze of psychedelic silhouettes.”
– Duane Michals.
6. “And what, for instance, would have happened had Romeo and Juliet lived to middle age, their silhouettes broadened by pasta?”
– Anita Loos.
7. “On my lips, I just do a little bit of liner, just a color silhouette.”
– Elsa Hosk.
8. “That’s what I’ll be. A silhouette, rarely seen, and yet believed in.”
– Ellen Hopkins.
9. “You can see the next big trends in fashion on the red carpet and see what colors, silhouettes are hot right now.”
– Giuliana Rancic.
10. “The hardest thing in fashion is not to be known for a logo, but to be known for a silhouette.”
– Giambattista Valli.
11. “A good cover has a distinct silhouette.”
– J.C. Leyendecker.
12. “A good pump is a silhouette, like the bone structure of the face.”
– Christian Louboutin.
Top Silhouette Quotes From Books
Inspirational book quotes can even make a dreary day bright. You can take a top silhouette quote and keep it as a reminder that where there is darkness, there is also light.
13. “If ever there was a more perfect picture of love, it was the silhouette of this couple standing at the window with the full moon behind them in a star filled sky.”
– Jason Medina, ‘The Manhattanville Incident’.
14. “Against the sky, the stars crown him, marking the edges of his silhouette like he is a constellation of himself.”
– Mackenzie Lee, ‘The Gentleman’s Guide to Vice and Virtue’.
15. “Gazing into the mirror, I saw myself as I was-a black silhouette in the room, a woman whose darkness had completely leaked through.”
– Sue Monk Kidd, ‘The Mermaid Chair.’
16. “And then Patrick started running after the sunset. And Sam immediately followed him. And I saw them in silhouette.”
– Stephen Chbosky, ‘Perks Of Being A Wallflower’.
17. “The sun is setting in a burnt orange sky; the cliffs are black silhouettes; the sea, liquid silver.”
– Laura Treacy Bentley, ‘The Silver Tattoo’.
18. “Life consists of rare, isolated moments of the greatest significance, and of innumerable many intervals, during which at best the silhouettes of those moments hover about us.”
– Friedrich Nietzsche, ‘Aphorisms on Love and Hate’.
19. “The sun kept dipping down into the ocean and the lights came on at the harbor, casting sudden shadows on the ground, illuminating the faces that were just a second ago silhouettes.”
– Adi Alsaid, ‘Changing Lanes’.
20. “God’s love for us often looks like suffering. It often looks like the silhouette of the cross, when in fact it is the sun beyond that silhouette, rising on the third day.”
– Emily T. Wierenga, ‘Atlas Girl’.
21. “The sun’s in my eyes and it’s difficult to see. The shape of her is distorted by the light, circles of her silhouette removed as if by a pastry cutter.”
– Emma Healey, ‘Elizabeth is Missing’.
22. “Seeming utterly fragile and vulnerable, the silhouette pulsed almost imperceptibly with the beating of her heart or the motions of her inner heart, as if she were whispering soundless words to the darkness.”
– Haruki Murakami, ‘Norwegian Wood’.
23. “I keep my eyes fixed on those silhouettes in the distance and all I can think is how could we lost the world to something so still?”
– Courtney Summers, ‘Please Remain Calm’.
24. “Sometimes, if you are lucky, you will see the moon coming up, and two distant deodars in perfect silhouette.”
– Ruskin Bond, ‘Rain In The Mountains’.
Amazing Silhouette Quotes From Movies And TV Shows
Here are some great silhouettes quotes from movies and TV shows for you to quote on any day!
25. “Her shadow on the wallpaper of the hotel room seemed the silhouette of her uncorruption.”
– Boris Pasternak, ‘Doctor Zhivago’.
26. “No! No, not me. I never shot nobody in my life. You see, we just use silhouettes, cans, birds…”
– Barney Miller, Season 2, ‘Ambush’.
27. “My dear, you’ve set your gaze upon the quintessential frontier type. Note the lean silhouette… eyes closed by the sun, though sharp as a hawk.”
– Mr. Fabian, ‘Tombstone’, 1993.
28. “Why do you think I spend hours and hours at the range, shooting at silhouettes, shooting the hearts right out of ’em?”
– Nick, ‘Cop and 1/2’, 1993.
29. “I’m a girl and by me that’s only great, I am proud that my silhouette is curvy.”
– Linda Low, ‘Flower Drum Song’, 1961.
30. “Rental Car Attendant: It’s an Oldsmobile Silhouette.
Chili Palmer: I ordered a Cadillac.
Rental Car Attendant: Oh, well, you got the Cadillac of minivans.”
– ‘Get Shorty’, 1995.
You go to new places and it opens your eyes to different things you haven’t seen before. Everything from colors, to silhouettes, to patterns – it just comes from everywhere.
The silhouette says a lot with very little information, but that’s also what the stereotype does.
That’s what I’ll be. A silhouette, rarely seen, and yet believed in.
Most people chasing their dreams don’t see the bigger picture, they just see the silhouette. Make the vision real!
A good cover has a distinct silhouette
J. C. Leyendecker
One of my favorite quotes ever was from Slash from Guns and Roses and he said ‘to be truly iconic, you need to be able to recognized in a silhouette’
When a silhouette or shape is as beautiful as it is functional and relevant, that’s true luxury.
I’m just the mere shadow of my former selfishness. I crave the silhouette of your kiss.
There are not many original shapes or silhouettes — only a million variations.
Oh, may your silhouette never dissolve on the beach;
may your eyelids never flutter into the empty
Don’t leave me for a second, my dearest.
I’ve always been intrigued by cutout silhouettes. They are so intriguing, so poetic-the shadow of a soul. They tell everything about a character and they are open to be filled with one’s own imagination.
I like to wear classic silhouettes and add a punch to it.
That’s what I’ll be. A silhouette, rarely seen, and yet believed in. Kaeleigh wants to believe in me. I am her twin, forever alive inside her. And when she needs me, I am always here.
Gazing into the mirror, I saw myself as I was-a black silhouette in the room, a woman whose darkness had completely leaked through.
Sue Monk Kidd
The hardest thing in fashion is not to be known for a logo, but to be known for a silhouette.
I have my mantra about silhouette, proportion, and fit. I believe that when they are in harmony and balance, you’ll look great in anything.
Silhouettes are reductions, and racial stereotypes are also reductions of actual human beings.
Embrace an effortless a-line silhouette in the seasons must have indigo shades.
I think my attitude’s different when I’m in the different places. I don’t walk around in character. I try not to walk around with the accent, but those little things change you, whether it’s your hair, your clothes, your shoes or a different silhouette. People absolutely look at you differently.
Enhancing a woman’s silhouette and enhancing a woman’s beauty – both contribute to enhancing her confidence, so they’re synonymous, really.
She was a sweet girl but not really pretty, a rough sketch of a woman with a little of everything in her, one of those silhouettes which artists draw in three strokes on the tablecloth in a café after dinner, between a glass of brandy and a cigarette. Nature sometimes turns out creatures like that.
Guy de Maupassant
With your silhouette when the sunlight dims Into your eyes where the moonlight swims, And your match-book songs and your gypsy hymns, Who among them would try to impress you? -Bob Dylan, “Sad-Eyed Lady of the Lowlands” (1966)
It is most difficult to acquire the, how shall I say? the ‘depth’ of a subject in composition in silhouette.
You cannot do silhouettes in fantasy. Ah, no, you must be faithful. It is, the art, a, what you call, paradox. It is always that you must be simple, and then, if you are simple, you will stimulate the imagination of the observer.
It is the Late city that first defies the land, contradicts Nature in the lines of its silhouette, denies all Nature. It wants to be something different from and higher than Nature. These high-pitched gables, these Baroque cupolas, spires, and pinnacles, neither are, nor desire to be, related with anything in Nature. And then begins the gigantic megalopolis, the city-as-world, which suffers nothing beside itself and sets about annihilating the country picture.