Rebirth is traditionally used to describe when an old soul is born again.
The idea of rebirth can also be more abstract, as it is often used to describe the process by which someone makes a fresh start in life. So a rebirth does not only happen after we die, but we can be reborn in our own lives too!
To celebrate the joy of a fresh start, we have found the best rebirth quotes, including Easter rebirth quotes, Jung quotes on death and rebirth, rebirth quotes from books, and so many more for you to read.
Famous Rebirth Quotes And Sayings
We have collected some of the most famous rebirth quotes and sayings for you to read. Which of these inspirational quotes is your favorite?
1. “A rebirth out of spiritual adversity causes us to become new creatures.”
– James E. Faust.
2. “Convalescence is a sort of grown-up rebirth, enabling us to see life with a fresh eye.”
– Margaret Prescott Montague.
3. “Birth is violent, and out of that violence is our only chance of rebirth.”
– Nick Nolte.
4. “For each of us, there comes a time when we must awaken and become what we were born to become.”
– Seth Adam Smith.
5. “I can be changed by what happens to me. But I refuse to be reduced by it.”
– Maya Angelou.
6. “All the pleasure of sin cannot be compared to the satisfaction with sweetness of life in the spirit.”
– Lailah Gifty Akita.
7. “Rebirth is neither born of blood nor flesh or human origin. But born of God.”
– Lailah Gifty Akita.
8. “Everywhere we shine death and life burn into something new…”
9. “Every reader exists to ensure for a certain book a modest immortality. Reading is, in this sense, a ritual of rebirth”
– Alberto Manguel.
10. “Each day the world is born anew for him who takes it rightly.”
– James Russell Lowell.
11. “Each night, when I go to sleep, I die. And the next morning, when I wake up, I am reborn.”
– Mahatma Gandhi.
12. “Some things scratch the surface while others strike at your soul.”
– Gianna Perada.
Death And Rebirth Quotes
Here are some inspirational quotes about life, death, and rebirth. Quotes are a great way to learn more about the idea of rebirth!
13. “The sooner the rebirth, the prettier the corpse.”
– David S.E. Zapanta.
14. “Old words are reborn with new faces.”
– Criss Jami.
15. “We are born and reborn again and again. We are changing with the waves of time.”
– Debasish Mridha.
16. “Souls reconstructed with faith transform agony into peace.”
17. “My sun sets to rise again.”
– Robert Browning.
18. “Following dark winter’s strife, a warm air rises, teemed with life. Birth, rebirth, as the waiting die. Old love, new love sprouts wings to fly.”
– Phar West Nagle.
19. “Temper us in fire, and we grow stronger. When we suffer, we survive.”
– Cassandre Clare.
20. “Death and Rebirth is one of the most crucial parts of life, without one the other simply cannot exist!”
– Isabella Poretsis.
21. “Death is the begining, the birth of births, a rebirth, a second chance to fix all mistakes, Death is the beginning.”
– Marc Lampe.
22. “You were born a child of light’s wonderful secret— you return to the beauty you have always been.”
23. “From every ruin, life springs up again and everything that dies is born again.”
– Isabelle Eberhardt.
24. “It is not more surprising to be born twice than once; everything in nature is resurrection.”
25. “Gut it is will move us from the gutter… to the rebirth of real men.”
– Keorapetse Kgositsile.
26. “Nature is bent on new beginning and death has not a chance of winning…”
– Rosy Cole.
27. “Karma brings us ever back to rebirth, binds us to the wheel of births and deaths.”
– Annie Besant.
Inspirational Quotes About Rising Up
Rising up after you have fallen down is a sign of bravery. These inspirational quotes will help those who are rising up in life.
28. “If there is nothing new under the sun, at least the sun itself is always new, always re-creating itself out of its own inexhaustible fire.”
– Michael Sims.
29. “The Japanese chose the principle of eternal peace as the basis of morality for our rebirth after the War.”
– Kenzaburo Oe.
30. “One simply requires themselves and an instrument to clean the slate and start over, perhaps create their own world where everything is better.”
31. “Suffering can lead to transformation. And redemption. And marvelous mystery.”
– Dr. Allen Hunt.
32. “Hearts rebuilt from hope resurrect dreams killed by hate.”
33. “Don’t be afraid, Queen, the blood has long run down into the earth. And on the spot where it was spilled, grapevines are growing today.”
– Mikhail Bulgakov.
34. “Change is growth. For me it has been a very spiritual and musical rebirth.”
– Lenny Kravitz.
35. “She remembered who she was and the game changed.”
– Lalah Delia.
36. “In the last few years, losing my father, going through a divorce and not getting some jobs I really wanted, is making me a much more interesting person, I think. This all really does feel like a rebirth, a new chapter.”
– John Stamos.
Inspirational Quotes About Rebirth
In this section, you will find plenty of inspiring rebirth quotes.
37. “Life is a cycle, a great wheel that turns throughout time: we are born, we live, we die, and (if we are lucky) we are reborn.”
– Robyn Bachar.
38. “The road to national rebirth is a hard one, but there is no other.”
– Aaron David Miller.
39. “The wreckage of stars – I built a world from this wreckage.”
– Friedrich Nietzsche.
40. “There’s nothing wrong with you that reincarnation won’t cure.”
41. “Out of the shell of the broken heart emerges the newborn soul.”
– Hazrat Inayat Khan.
42. “The immortality of great art seems bound up with the inevitable loss of its original surface meaning and its rebirth in the spirit of every new age.”
– Anton Ehrenzweig.
43. “Forgetfulness of your real nature is true death; remembrance of it is rebirth.”
– Ramana Maharshi.
44. “You will be reborn. You will come from the inner to the outer again. This process goes on indefinitely.”
– Frederick Lenz.
45. “There was a charm in being reborn into the world when one was old enough to appreciate it.”
– Thomm Quackenbush.
46. “Greece is a good place for rebirths.”
– Judith Martin.
47. “You must learn a new way to think before you can master a new way to be.”
– Marianne Williamson.
48. “There is another possibility: not the end of nature, but the rebirth of wonder and even joy.”
– Richard Louv.
49. “Everyone focuses on the earthly state, but how cool might death be? I believe in spiritual rebirth, and I can’t wait to experience that.”
– Barry Zito.
Spring Rebirth Quotes
Spring is a magical time when everything starts blooming again, hence it is symbolic of the idea of rebirth. Here are some inspirational quotes about rebirth in spring and some seasons of life quotes. Which quotation on spring is your favorite?
50. “Hope sleeps in our bones like a bear waiting for spring to rise and walk.”
– Marge Piercy.
51. “The first blooms of spring always make my heart sing.”
– S. Brown.
52. “The dry seasons in life do not last. The spring rains will come again.”
– Sarah Ban Breathnach.
53. “Spring is the time of plans and projects.”
– Leo Tolstoy.
54. “You can cut all the flowers but you cannot keep spring from coming.”
– Pablo Neruda.
55. “Spring work is going on with joyful enthusiasm.”
– John Muir.
56. “That’s what winter is: an exercise in remembering how to still yourself then how to come pliantly back to life again.”
– Ali Smith.
57. “Nature gives to every time and season some beauties of its own.”
– Charles Dickens.
58. “That is one good thing about this world… there are always sure to be more springs.”
– L. M. Montgomery.
59. “The day the Lord created hope was probably the same day he created Spring.”
– Bernard Williams.
60. “No matter how chaotic it is, wildflowers will still spring up in the middle of nowhere.”
– Sheryl Crow.
61. “The beautiful spring came; and when Nature resumes her loveliness, the human soul is apt to revive also.”
– Harriet Ann Jacobs.
62. “From the end spring new beginnings.”
– Pliny The Elder.
63. “Spring adds new life and new beauty to all that is.”
– Jessica Harrelson.
64. “Spring won’t let me stay in this house any longer! I must get out and breathe the air deeply again.”
– Gustav Mahler.
65. “The birth and rebirth of all nature, The passing of winter and spring, We share with the life universal, Rejoice in the magical ring.”
– Doreen Valiente.
66. “No matter how long the winter, spring is sure to follow.”
– English Proverb.
67. “Spring is when you feel like whistling even with a shoe full of slush.”
– Doug Larson.
68. “Now every field is clothed with grass, and every tree with leaves; now the woods put forth their blossoms, and the year assumes its gay attire.”
Here you will find some truly inspirational quotes about rebirth and renewal.
69. “At the age of 80, I’m becoming a visual artist. This could be my rebirth.”
– Harry Seidler.
70. “Then came the healing time, hearts started to shine, soul felt so fine, oh what a freeing time it was.”
71. “Just like moons and like suns, With the certainty of tides, Just like hopes springing high, Still I’ll rise.”
– Maya Angelou.
72. “Nietzsche says that we will live the same life, over and over again. God – I’ll have to sit through the Ice Capades again.”
– Woody Allen.
73. “The little red dot of my rebirth, the Christ Consciousness, the vast galaxy within aching to be explored.”
– Tahira Amir Khan.
74. “I was a newborn vampire, weeping at the beauty of the night.”
– Anne Rice.
75. “All things fall and are built again, And those that build them again are gay.”
– William Butler Yeats.
76. “Rest when you’re weary. Refresh and renew yourself, your body, your mind, your spirit. Then get back to work.”
– Ralph Marston.
77. “One thing I want to make clear, as far as my own rebirth is concerned, the final authority is myself and no one else, and obviously not China’s Communists.”
– Dalai Lama.
Phoenix Rebirth Quotes
Just like the phoenix, you know how to rise from your own ashes. Here, you will find some inspirational quotes about destruction and rebirth, inspired by the phoenix.
78. “I’m like a phoenix. I rise from the ashes.”
– Bess Myerson.
79. “Once you’ve had your life burn down, it takes time to be a phoenix.”
– Sharon Stone.
80. “In order to rise from its own ashes, a phoenix first must burn.”
– Octavia E. Butler.
81. “A heart filled with love is like a phoenix that no cage can imprison.”
82. “The phoenix must burn to emerge.”
– Janet Fitch.
83. “Stars are phoenixes, rising from their own ashes.”
– Carl Sagan.
84. “He was a phoenix of blood, rising from the ashes of those who had fallen and suffered before him.”
– Nenia Campbell.
85. “Only the phoenix rises and does not descend. And everything changes. And nothing is truly lost.”
– Neil Gaiman.
86. “Whether we remain the ash or become the phoenix is up to us.”
– Ming-Dao Deng.
The Best Rebirth Quotes
Are you looking for more rebirth quotes, including Buddhist quotes on rebirth? This section includes the best revival quotes, renewal quotes, and Buddha quotes on rebirth. Which of these inspirational quotes is your favorite?
87. “No witchcraft, no enemy action had silenced the rebirth of new life in this stricken world. The people had done it themselves.”
– Rachel Carson.
88. “A farewell to my shadow is not my death; it’s my rebirth in darkness.”
– Munia Khan.
89. “With my ninth mind, I resurrect my first and dance slow to the music of my soul made new.”
90. “If the soul is immortal then it is one with the Godhead.”
91. “We all hope for breakthrough rebirth moments.”
– Dane Cook.
92. “I will look for you in every lifetime and love you there.”
– Kamand Kojouri.
93. “Hardly has the universe stretched its wings to span when it gathers to egg once more .”
– J. Aleksandr Wootton.
94. “Eternally repeating that cycle of death and rebirth, an existence such as this… truly, mine is what may be called a ‘perfect existence.'”
95. “Often it’s the deepest pain which empowers you to grow into your highest self.”
– Karen Salmansohn.
96. “Redemption leads to rebirth.”
– Lailah Gifty Akita.
97. “I’ve had so many rebirths, I should come with my own midwife by now.”
98. “For surfers, being tubed is like being reborn.”
– Robert Black.
99. “The rebirth of the soul is perpetual; only rebirth every hour could stay the hand of Satan.”
– James Baldwin.
100. “Culture and imaginations have always been part of our rebirth.”
– Raoul Peck.
101. “Each morning we are born again. What we do today is what matters most.”