Hello, New Year! As 2020 finally comes to a close, it’s time to celebrate with a champagne toast and some great New Year’s wishes — and of course a ton of cute, glitter-filled photos for your Instagram feed. Sure, we may not be able to celebrate with a huge, blow-out party this year, but who says you can’t still don your sparkliest New Year’s Eve outfit, pose in front of some festive New Year’s Eve decorations and snap a few glamorous pics? Luckily, we’ve rounded up some of the best New Year’s Instagram captions to help you commemorate the occasion!
From inspiring New Year’s Eve quotes to witty puns that say farewell to 2020 with a great laugh, these creative Instagram caption ideas are perfect for all of your favorite NYE photos (yes, even if you’re just spending the day watching your favorite New Year’s movies on the couch) — and will help you ring in 2021 with all the likes, too. Whether you’re looking for funny, cute, inspirational or clever ideas, here are all the best New Year’s Instagram captions that will have you kicking off the New Year in style — especially with a glass of bubbly and some confetti-poppers in hand.
Funny New Year’s Instagram Captions
- I can’t wait to control-alt-delete 2020, and start anew.
- A big thank you to banana bread and my sweatpants for helping me get through 2020.
- 9 p.m. is the new midnight.
- Time to change out of my sweatpants and into my party pants.
- Sometimes all we need is a fresh start. And champagne. Lots of champagne.
- “Thank U, Next.” —Me to 2020
- New year, same me.
- Just here for the champagne.
- Expecting a clever caption? That was so last year.
- 365 new days. 365 new excuses.
- May all your troubles last as long as your resolutions.
- I’m still the same person I was last year — now I’m just hungover.
- I can’t believe its been a year since I didn’t become a better person.
- Save water, drink champagne.
- I was going to quit all my bad habits for the new year, but then I remembered that nobody likes a quitter.
- I would lose weight for my New Year’s resolution, but I hate losing.
- “Too much of anything is bad, but too much champagne is just right.” —F. Scott Fitzgerald
- “You know how I always dread the whole year? Well, this time I’m only going to dread one day at a time.” —Charlie Brown, Happy New Year, Charlie Brown