The bolt of lightning is a traditional symbol of sudden illumination and the destruction of ignorance.
It also represents humans’ punishment by the Gods from the skies in a flash at night, most commonly attributed to Zeus, king of the Gods. Have you ever been struck by lightning?
A lightning strike can be defined as the instant and powerful electrical discharge of a high voltage current between two points. “Thunder is good, thunder is impressive, but it is lightning that does the work.” said Mark Twain. They say that lightning never strikes in the same place twice. As it turns out, when courage strikes, it almost always begets more courage. Lightning renders the rocks. This is one of the most useful and powerful sayings about Lightning.
Best Quotes About Thunderstorms and Lightning
Lightning, as featured in tales such as Percy Jackson, is rather silent, but thunder produces a loud roaring sound, heard in the day or night by every man and woman, it will light up the day or night in one flash. Here are some of the best lightning storm quotes along with lightning phrases by Mark Twain, George Carlin, and many others you’ll be entertained by this day.
1. “It’s hard to be religious when certain people are never incinerated by bolts of lightning.”
– Bill Watterson.
2. “Electricity is really just organized lightning.”
– George Carlin.
3. “The music was thunder and joy. Lightning bolts of happiness and praise, foot-stomping, dance-shouting, good-feeling singing from the soul.”
– Etta James.
4. “Maybe you’re graduating from fireballs to lightning bolts,” Adrian suggested. “I bet it’d be a lot like throwing ninja stars. Except, well, you could incinerate people.”
– Richelle Mead.
5. “He has the attention span of a lightning bolt.”
– Robert Redford.
6. “We look at the ancient Greeks with their gods on a mountain top throwing lightning bolts and say, ‘Those ancient Greeks. They were so silly. So primitive and naive. Not like our religions. We have burning bushes talking to people and guys walking on water. We’re…sophisticated.”
– Paul Provenza.
7. “Lightning strikes the earth and thunder heralds the doom but the earth bears it all in silence, teaching us that life may be harsh to us but we shouldn’t be so to life.”
– Tista Ray.
8. “They say marriages are made in Heaven. But so is thunder and lightning.”
– Clint Eastwood.
9. “God only exhibits his thunder and lightning at intervals, and so they always command attention.”
– Mark Twain.
10. “The best lightning rod for your protection is your own spine.”
– Ralph Waldo Emerson.
11. “Sometimes you don’t need lightning to start a fire. Sometimes, it builds on its own.”
– Sarah Mlynowski.
12. “I am a being of Heaven and Earth, of thunder and lightning, of rain and wind, of the galaxies.”
– Eden Ahbez.
13. “It is not the roaring thunder that smites, but the silent lightning.”
– Ivan Panin
14. “Thunder is good, thunder is impressive, but it is lightning that does the work.”
– Mark Twain.
15. “Thunder and lightning, it’s like the end of the world.”
– Carlos Ruiz Zafon.
16. “If I accept the sunshine and warmth, then I must also accept the thunder and lightning.”
– Khalil Gibran.
17. “Lightning hides the colour of night.”
– Munia Khan.
18. “Like having a great idea, life comes at you fast. It hits you and tries to escape and be expressed in any way possible. In a way, it’s a lot like… Lightning.”
– Chris Colfer,‘Struck By Lightning: The Carson Phillips Journal’.
19. “You don’t get to pick where you’re from, but you always have control of where you’re going.”
– Chris Colfer,‘Struck By Lightning: The Carson Phillips Journal”.
20. “Lightning rod to ignite people’s passion for software development.”
– John Nava.
21. “I’d rather be a lightning rod than a seismograph.”
– Ken Kesey.
22. “Laughter is the lightning rod of play, the eroticism of conversation.”
– Eva Hoffman.
23. “I hate it when storm clouds roll in, heralded by dazzling claps of thunder and Lightning that boast an ocean of tears. … “Thunder roars but does not strike. Lightning strikes but does not roar. Choose to be Lightning.”
– Richelle E. Goodrich, ‘Smile Anyway’.
24. “The more brilliant the lightning, the quicker it disappears.”
25. “The trouble ain’t that there are too many fools, but that the lightning ain’t distributed right.”
– Mark Twain.
26. “Thunder roars but does not strike. Lightning strikes but does not roar. Choose to be Lightning.”
– Matshano Dhliwayo.
27. “Even without her lightning, Mare Barrow still manages to strike me through.”
– Victoria Aveyard, ‘Broken Throne’.
28. “A poet is someone who stands outside in the rain hoping to be struck by lightning.”
– James Dickey.
29. “Lightning strikes, you fear; a rainbow appears, you are amazed; the sun rises, you relax; flood comes, you run away! Nature is like an amazing actor that exists to give you all kinds of emotions!”
– Mehmet Murat İldan.
30. “No mortal eye has ever fully seen a flash of lightning, for no matter how firmly we look, our eyes are sure to be dazzled.”
– Berthold Auerbach.
31. “Lighting a fire under someone will never be as effective as Lighting a fire within someone.”
– Bob Teague.
32. “If you ever want your soul to dance in the clouds, you will at some point have to juggle lightning and taste the thunder.”
– Christopher Poindexter.
33. “Lightning makes no sound until it strikes.”
– Martin Luther King Jr.
34. “Lightning has no mercy.”
– Victoria Aveyard, ‘Glass Sword’.
35. “Lightning can best be seen in the dark. Bright persons do best in bad circumstances.”
– Erik Tanghe.
36. “Move like a beam of light: fly like lightning, strike like thunder, whirl in circles around a stable center.”
– Morihei Ueshiba.
37. “‘But they’re stories,’ I said. ‘They’re—myths, to explain Lightning and the seasons and stuff. They’re what people believed before there was science.’”
– Percy Jackson, ‘Percy Jackson: The Lightning Thief’.
38. “I’m not looking for anything, but who knows. Lightning is weird.”
– Dominic Riccitello.
Motivational Quotes About Life That Are Stuck Like Lightning
Struck by lightning quotes are at the heart of various compelling articles, judgment bolts and lightning quotes are inspiring. Thunder and lightning quotes motivate and inspire people to do their daily work, achieve their goals, and learn about the same. Here are some of the most motivating when lightning strikes quotes.
39. “The best and most beautiful things in this world cannot be seen or even heard, but must be felt with the heart.”
– Helen Keller.
40. “It is better to have a meaningful life and make a difference than to merely have a long life.”
– Bryant H. McGill.
41. “Always go too far, because that’s where you’ll find the truth.”
– Albert Camus.
42. “The world as we have created it is a process of our thinking. It cannot be changed without changing our thinking.”
– Albert Einstein.
43. “I want to be like water. I want to slip through fingers, but hold up a ship.”
– Michelle Williams.
44. “Some things scratch the surface while others strike at your soul.”
– Gianna Perada.
45. “Don’t get too deep, it leads to over thinking, and over thinking leads to problems that don’t even exist in the first place.”
– Jayson Engay.
46. “You are only as free as you think you are and freedom will always be as real as you believe it to be.”
– Robert M. Drake.
47. “Every saint has a past, and every sinner has a future.”
– Oscar Wilde.
48. “Life is not a problem to be solved, but a reality to be experienced.”
– Soren Kierkegaard.
49. “Challenges are what make life interesting. Overcoming them is what makes life meaningful.”
– Joshua Marine.
50. “Be happy for this moment. This moment is your life.”
– Omar Khayyam.
51. “Turning your back on the darkness didn’t mean the darkness would turn its back on you.”
– Jennifer Donnelly.
52. “Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well.”
– Robert Louis Stevenson.
53. “You can’t depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus.”
– Mark Twain.
54. “We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give.”
– Winston Churchill.
Fascinating Lightning Bolt Quotes
The lightning bolt is a traditional symbol of sudden illumination and the destruction of ignorance and represents humans’ punishment by the Gods from the skies, like in ‘Percy Jackson’. Here are some of the most fascinating lightning bolt quotes that you will ever read.
55. “Loving is a journey with water and with stars, with smothered air and abrupt storms of flour: loving is a clash of lightning-bolts and two bodies defeated by a single drop of honey.”
– Pablo Neruda.
56. “There’s a metal train that is a mile long and at the very back end a lightning bolt struck her. How long till it reaches and kills the driver, provided that he’s a good conductor?”
– Bo Burnham.
57. “Gerry Lopez was a famous surfer back then and his board had a lightning bolt in the middle, so my Dad made me a surf/skateboard with a lightning bolt on it.”
– Christian Hosoi.
58. “What I’m looking for in my career, you know? You’re looking for those lightning bolts of inspiration where someone says something that sparks an idea or suggests something strange.”
– Drew Goddard.
59. “If God consistently sent lightning bolts in response to bad doctrine, our planet would sparkle nightly like a Christmas tree.”
– Phillip Yancey.
60. “Your shadow stealthily leaves nothing of where you go, like a poisoned needle that sews together my footsteps. Your light pliantly strikes the water tower, like a lightning bolt that severs the source of my life.”
– Tite Kubo.
61. “Finding the book was like kissing a lightning bolt.”
– Karen Miller.
62. “We rode on the winds of the rising storm, We ran to the sounds of the thunder. We danced among the lightning bolts, and tore the world asunder.”
– Robert Jordan.
63. “How long has it been since you wrote a story where your real love or your real hatred somehow got onto the paper? When was the last time you dared release a cherished prejudice so it slammed the page like a lightning bolt?”
– Ray Bradbury.
64. “We look at the ancient Greeks with their gods on a mountain top throwing lightning bolts and say, ‘Those ancient Greeks. They were so silly. So primitive and naive. Not like our religions. We have burning bushes talking to people and guys walking on water. We’re…sophisticated.”
– Paul Provenza.
65. “Then a lightning bolt shot straight through my skivvies. Sha-ZAM!”
– Megan McCafferty.
66. “Nico danced around like he needed to use the restroom. “Does Zeus really have lightning bolts that do six hundred damage? Does he get extra movement points for— ‘Nico, shut up!’ Bianca put her hands to her face. ‘This is not your stupid Mythomagic game, okay? There are no gods!’”
– Rick Riordan.
67. “You know not, yet, the sort of love that strikes like a lightning bolt; that clutches hold of you by the heart, as irrevocably as death; that becomes the lodestar by which you steer the rest of your life. I would not wish such a love on anyone, man or woman, for it can make your life a paradise, or it can destroy you utterly.”
– Juliet Marillier.
68. “As if you could pick in love, as if it were not a lightning bolt that splits your bones and leaves you staked out in the middle of the courtyard. (…) You don’t pick out the rain that soaks you to the skin when you come out of a concert.”
– Julio Cortazar.
Powerful Black Lightning Quotes
The quotes that we read play an essential role in motivating us to do better every day. The quotes provide us with a quick and timely burst of wisdom to get our focus back. Here are some of the powerful quotes to keep you motivated.
69. Justice, like lightning, should ever appear, some men hope and to other men fear. My father taught me that poem when I was just a little girl.
– Jennifer Pierce, ‘Black Lightning’, Episode One, ‘The Resurrection’.
70. Jefferson, I have known you since you were twelve years old, you’re like my son. So I have to tell you the truth. The promise you made Lynn was well intentioned, but it always had an expiration date.