Dealing with hard times is quite difficult without proper motivation.
Not all inspirational quotes work for everyone. You’ve got to find the ones that work best for you in your hard times.
The truth about life is that it isn’t going to be a cakewalk all the time. There will be hard times and heartbreaks. Hard times can last a week, a month, a year or more than that but famous quotes about life can make things a bit more bearable and give you the motivation to face the hard times. We have a list of inspirational quotes about life and struggles for you to read when life gets hard.
Best Motivational Quotes
Quotes about strength, encouragement quotes about when life gets hard and some inspirational quotes can motivate you and help you find your peace. Check the list out.
1. “Most of the important things in the world have been accomplished by people who have kept on trying when there seemed to be no hope at all.”
2. “When you encounter obstacles, don’t turn your back on them. Face them, confront them and you will see them dissolving in front of your eyes.”
― Dr Roopleen, ‘Words to inspire the winner in YOU’ 2013.
3. “If life gets too hard to stand, kneel.”
-Gordon B. Hinckley.
4. “You are one decision away from a completely different life”
-Mel Robbins, ‘The 5 Second Rule.’ 2017.
5. “When you come out of the storm, you won’t be the same person who walked in. That’s what this storm’s all about.”
-Haruki Murakami, Kafka On The Shore, 2002.
6. “Don’t let life discourage you; everyone who got where he is had to begin where he was.”
—Richard L. Evans.
7. “Life has many ways of testing a person’s will, either by having nothing happen at all or by having everything happen all at once.”
― Paulo Coelho, ‘The Winner Stands Alone,’ 2008.
8. “Tough times never last, but tough people do!
-Robert H. Schuller, ‘Tough times never last, but tough people do!’, 1993.
9. “Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall.”
10. “And so rock bottom became the solid foundation on which I rebuilt my life.”
-J. K. Rowling, ‘Very Good Lives: The Fringe Benefits of Failure and the Importance of Imagination’.
11. “The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.”
—Martin Luther King, Jr, Strength to Love, 1963.
12. “Brick walls are there for a reason. They give us a chance to show how badly we want.”
-Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture, 2008.
13. “Challenges are what make life interesting and overcoming them is what makes life meaningful.”
-Joshua J. Marine.
14. “Life isn’t about waiting for the storm to pass, it’s about learning how to dance in the rain.”
– Vivian Greene.
15. “Every adversity, every failure and every heartache carries with it the seed of an equivalent or a greater benefit.”
– Napoleon Hill.
16. “But I know, somehow, that only when it is dark enough can you see the stars.”
– Martin Luther King, Jr.
17. “Life’s challenges are not supposed to paralyze you; they’re supposed to help you discover who you are.”
—Bernice Johnson Reagon.
18. “When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it.”
19. “The greater the difficulty, the more glory in surmounting it. Skillful pilots gain their reputation from storms and tempests.”
20. “Get out of your head and into your life. Fight, Grind, Repeat.”
-Bobby Bones, ‘Fail Until You Don’t,’ 2018.
21. “If you can find a path with no obstacles, it probably doesn’t lead anywhere.”
– Frank A. Clark.
22. “You’re going to go through tough times – that’s life. But I say, ‘Nothing happens to you, it happens for you.’ See the positive in negative events.”
– Joel Osteen.
23. “have a vision, trust yourself, break some rules, ignore the naysayers, don’t be afraid to fail.”
― Arnold Schwarzenegger, ‘Total Recall: My Unbelievably True Life Story,’ 2012.
Inspirational Life Quotes From Pop Culture
We get a lot of inspirational quotes from our favorite actors and musicians. Some of them help us fight hard times.
24. “Just because someone stumbles and loses their path, doesn’t mean they’re lost forever.”
–Professor X, ‘X-Men: Days of Future Past,’ 2014.
25. ‘We can’t retract the decisions we’ve made. We can only affect the decisions we’re going to make from here.”
–Nick Rice, ‘Law Abiding Citizen,’ 2009.
26. “Oh yes, the past can hurt. But you can either run from it, or learn from it.”
– Rafiki, ‘The Lion King.’ 1994.
27. “Promise me you’ll always remember: You’re braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.”
– A.A. Milne, Christopher Robin, ‘Christopher Robin’ (2018).
28. “If you don’t like your destiny, don’t accept it. Instead have the courage to change it the way you want it to be.”
– Naruto Uzumaki, ‘Naruto,’ 2002-2007.
29. “It gets easier. Every day it gets a little easier. But you gotta do it every day, that’s the hard part.”
-Jogging Baboon, ‘Bojack Horseman,’ 2014-2020.
30. “Sometimes it is the people who no one imagines anything of who do the things that no one can imagine.”
–Alan Turing, ‘The Imitation Game,’ 2015.
31. “You can’t just skip ahead to where you think your life should be.”
— Lily Aldrin, ‘How I Met Your Mother,’ 2005-2014.
32. “There’s no lemon so sour that you can’t make something resembling lemonade.”
-Dr. K, ‘This is Us,’ 2016-present.
33. “But if you never try, you’ll never know
Just what you’re worth.
Lights will guide you home
And ignite your bones
And I will try to fix you”
-Coldplay, ‘Fix You,’ 2005.
34. “Nobody is gonna hit as hard as life, but it ain’t how hard you can hit. It’s how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. It’s how much you can take, and keep moving forward. That’s how winning is done.”
-Rocky Balboa, ‘Rocky Balboa,’ 2006.
Inspirational quotes when life gets hard or quotes about life is hard will help certainly give the hard times a hard time! Here’s the list of inspirational quotes to help you through those hard times.
35. “In the middle of a difficulty lies opportunity.”
36. “The secret of life, though, is to fall seven times and to get up eight times.”
― Paulo Coelho, ‘The Alchemist,’ 1988.
37. “The elevator to success is out of order. You’ll have to use the stairs, one step at a time.”
– Joe Girard.
38. “Hope is important because it can make the present moment less difficult to bear. If we believe that tomorrow will be better, we can bear a hardship today.”
– Thich Nhat Hanh.
39. “If you are a fighter…You are gonna lose some fights…But what did you learn?”
– Andy Frisella, ‘Losses Vs. Failures.’ 13 December 2020.
40. “Night is always darker before the dawn and life is the same, the hard times will pass, everything will get better and sun will shine brighter then ever.”
— Ernest Hemingway.
41. “It’s not that I’m so smart, it’s just that I stay with problems longer.”
42. “You start with a darkness to move through, but sometimes the darkness moves through you.”
– Dean Young, ‘Skid,’ 2002.
43. “Meet problems and obstacles as they arise. The test of a successful person is not the ability to eliminate all problems before he takes action, but rather the ability to find solutions to difficulties when he encounters them.”
― David J. Schwartz, ‘The Magic of Thinking Big,’ 1959.
44. “Show me someone who has done something worthwhile, and I’ll show you someone who has overcome adversity.”
– Lou Holtz.
45. “Don’t get lost in your pain, know that one day your pain will become your cure.”
46. “Be miserable. Or motivate yourself. Whatever has to be done, it’s always your choice.”
– Wayne Dyer.
47. “If you want to do something that requires willpower—like going for a run after work—you have to conserve your willpower muscle during the day,”
― Charles Duhigg, ‘The Power Of Habit: Why We Do What We Do In Life And Business,’ 2012.
48. “All things are difficult before they are easy.”
49. “When you are on a down swing, do not feel bad. Know the swing will change and things will get better. There are good times coming.”
50. “If you are insecure, guess what? The rest of the world is too. Do not overestimate the competition and underestimate yourself. You are better than you think.”
– Tim Ferris, ‘Why Bigger Goals = Less Competition (Plus: Major Media Opp.)’ 19 June 2008.
51. “Life is tough, darling, but so are you.”
– Stephanie Bennett.
52. “I will love the light for it shows me the way, yet I will endure the darkness for it shows me the stars.”
– Og Mandino.
53. “It is only in our darkest hours that we may discover the true strength of the brilliant light within ourselves that can never, ever, be dimmed.”
― Doe Zantamata.
54. “And hard times are good in their own way, too. Because the only way you can achieve true happiness is if you experience true sadness as well. It’s all about light and shade. Balance.”
55. “Just think how happy you would be if you lost everything you have right now, and then got it back again.”
– Frances Rodman.
56. “If it’s not exactly like you thought it would be, you think it’s a failure. What about the spectrum of colors in between.”
― Sara Evans, ‘Softly and Tenderly,’ 2010.
Never Give Up Quotes
We have a list of quotes about not giving up when life gets hard for you to let you know that giving up is not an option. Check this motivational quotes when life gets hard list.
57. “Don’t let mental blocks control you. Set yourself free. Confront your fear and turn the mental blocks into building blocks.”
― Dr Roopleen, ‘Words to inspire the winner in YOU’ 2013.
58. “You just can’t beat the person who won’t give up.”
59. “The majority of people are ready to throw their aims and purposes overboard and give up at the first sign of opposition or misfortune. A few carry on despite all opposition until they attain their goal. These few are the Fords, Carnegies, Rockefellers, and Edisons.”
-Napoleon Hill, ‘Napoleon Hill’s How to Think and Grow Rich,’ 2013.
60. “Courage doesn’t always roar, sometimes it’s the quiet voice at the end of the day whispering ‘I will try again tomorrow'”
― Mary Anne Radmacher.
61. “seven times down eight times up like the Daruma doll”
– Chris Bradford, ‘Young Samurai: The Way Of The Warrior,’ 2008.
62. “You do what you can for as long as you can, and when you finally can’t, you do the next best thing. You back up but you don’t give up.”
63. “I have heard there are troubles of more than one kind. Some come from ahead and some come from behind. But I’ve bought a big bat. I’m all ready you see. Now my troubles are going to have troubles with me!”
― Dr. Seuss.
64. “Character consists of what you do on the third and fourth tries.”
65. “Keep Going
Your hardest times often lead to the greatest moments of your life. Keep going. Tough situations build strong people in the end.”
― Roy T. Bennett, ‘The Light in the Heart: Inspirational Thoughts for Living Your Best Life,’ 2020.
66. “Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.”
67. “Successful men and women keep moving. They make mistakes, but they don’t quit.”
68. “Stand up to an obstacle. Just stand up to it, that’s all, and don’t give way under it, and it will finally break. You will break it. Something has to break, and it won’t be you, it will be the obstacle.”
― Norman Vincent Peale, ‘The Power of Positive Thinking,’ 2007.
69. “Never give up. Today is hard, tomorrow will be worse, but the day after tomorrow will be sunshine.”
70. “Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn.”