Valentine’s Day is maybe the most awkward holiday of the year.
If you’re single, it’s a friendly reminder of that fact. If you’re married, dating, or special friends, then the pressure is on to do something extra special for your significant other.
It’s not always easy to tell someone how much you love them. Sometimes it’s hard to find the right words for how you feel.
Well, they say that a picture is worth a thousand words. But what about a beautiful chart? Sure, you could give your special someone a typical old card, but sometimes it’s nice to spice things up a bit with a snazzy chart.
(Yes, I DID just say that giving someone a chart will spice things up. I don’t know. It might. You never know. Lots of people like charts, OK? Moving on.)
If you’re a painfully awkward person who has trouble putting their feelings into words, or if you and your special someone just appreciates the functional elegance of a beautifully made chart, then maybe a Valentine Day chart will be just the thing you need.
1. It’s not always easy to come up with a gift for someone
Everybody likes getting money, right?
2. They say that love completes you
Even if you didn’t realize you felt incomplete before.
3. They also say that love makes you a better person
Even if you didn’t realize you weren’t a good person before.
4. Finding the perfect thing to do on Valentine’s Day can be a challenge
How about a long, romantic Netflix binge?
5. Relationships take a lot of trust
Not even my mom knows all of my passwords.
6. Relationships also require prioritization
Seriously, you’re a big deal.
7. The longest lasting relationships even out in the end
Ah, the sweet feeling of settling.
8. The key is to not take your partner for granted
How about a nice card and firm handshake?
9. It’s the same old, same old, but way better
Eat, snuggle, sleep, repeat.
10. Because when you’re in love, your partner can still make your heart skip a beat
Translation: you’re still cute.
11. Every day is a bit more bearable when it’s with someone you love
Plus, you always have someone to rant about your day to.
12. Even when you’re not with them, they’re on your mind
Thank goodness someone puts up with my ramblings.
13. As the years go by, they still manage to hold your interest
People just really love Netflix, OK?
14. Out of anywhere you could be in the world, you would rather be with them
Same with Chipotle…
15. It’s classic expectation management
I bet you weren’t expecting a nice card and a handshake, am I right?