Happy Valentines Day Books For Kindergarten
Spread the love in your classroom this February 14th with these Valentine’s Day books filled with sweet stories about friendship, kindness, and love.
1. Love from the Crayons by Drew Daywalt and Oliver Jeffers
Our favorite guys from The Day the Crayons Quit are back. And this time, they’re learning all about love.
2. The Dinosaurs Valentine’s Day by Jessica Brady
Logan, the dinosaur, creates from his heart as he crafts a custom Valentine’s card for each of his friends, capturing what he loves best about each one.
3. The Invisible String by Patrice Karst
An updated version of the beloved classic, with an afterword by the author. One of those Valentine’s Day books that showcase the invisible bonds we all hold with the ones we love.
4. The Day it Rained Hearts by Felicia Bond
Cornelia Augusta can hardly believe it when it rains hearts one day! She decides to scoop some of them up to give to her friends for Valentine’s day.
5. A Little Spot of Love by Diane Alber
How do you show the people in your life how much you love them? Spot shows the many ways—from listening and being kind to hugs and high fives.
6. The Love Letter by Anika Aldamuy Denise
When Hedgehog, Bunny, and Squirrel find an anonymous love letter, it causes a chain reaction of warm fuzzies.
7. How Do I Love Thee? by Jennifer Adams
A reimagining of Elizabeth Barrett Browning’s iconic love poem charmingly illustrated and told in kid-friendly language. One of our favorite Valentine’s Day books!
8. Sealed With a Kiss by Beth Ferry
Seal is new to the National Zoo, and she is eager to make new friends, but she doesn’t exactly get a rousing reception until a wise sparrow convinces the other animals to surprise Seal with a special treat.
9. Hugs and Kisses for the Grouchy Ladybug by Eric Carle
Even the grouchiest of ladybugs deserves love! This sweet story is all about making the world kinder, one friend at a time.
10. Groggle’s Monster Valentine by Diana Murray
Will Groggle ever finish making the perfect valentine for ‘beast’ friend Snarlina? Not if he can’t control his impulsive appetite!
11. Love Matters Most by Mij Kelly
A beautiful rhyming winter’s tale about a mother polar bear and her search for her lost little cub.
12. Valentine’s Day Jokes for Kids: A Valentine’s Day Book for Children by Chrissy Voeg
Q: What did the stamp say to the envelope? A: I’m stuck on you! Your students will love this joke and more in this collection of good, clean Valentine-themed humor.
13. The Secret Life of Squirrels: A Love Story by Nancy Rose
Will Mr. Peanuts ever find that special someone to spend his life with? Find out in this love story featuring Nancy Rose’s hilariously staged photos.
14. Little Ant’s Valentine by S.M.R. Saia
A pint-sized Taming of the Shrew tale featuring Little Ant (who hates Valentine’s Day) and the pretty, stuck up girl ant he hopes to win over.
15. Love Monster and the Last Chocolate by Rachel Bright
When a box of chocolates is left on Love Monster’s door, he struggles between keeping them all for himself and sharing them with the ones he loves.
16. I’ll Love You Till the Cows Come Home by Kathryn Cristaldi
Silly, humorous, and sweet all at the same time, this adorably illustrated book will be sure to give your little people the warm fuzzies.
17. Heart to Heart by Lois Ehlert
This palm-size treasure features the author’s signature cut-paper collage illustrations and clever messages using letters, numbers, and pictures of fruits and vegetables—perfect classroom Valentine inspiration.
18. What the World Needs Now Is Love by Burt Bacharach and Hal David
These classic song lyrics now have beautiful illustrations to accompany them, because the world needs love on Valentine’s Day—and every other day too.
19. Love by Matt de la Peña
There’s no shortage of rave reviews for this title—and rightfully so, as it manages to sum up the most complex emotion of all for readers young and old.
20. Click, Clack, Moo I Love You! by Doreen Cronin and Betsy Lewin
Duck’s vision for his Valentine’s Day celebration includes streamers, hearts, glitter, and a good time for all. An unexpected guest helps it come together.
21. Love From the Very Hungry Caterpillar by Eric Carle
From the author of the beloved favorite The Very Hungry Caterpillar, follow along as the caterpillar munches his way through all the ways to tell the special people in your life how much you love them.
22. Ollie’s Valentine by Olivier Dunrea
Ollie goes on a search for his perfect valentine in this love-themed installment of the Gossie & Friends series.
23. Worm Loves Worm by J.J. Austrian
One of the most delightful Valentine’s Day books, this is one that is a celebration of love, with a message about equality, in all its splendid forms.
24. Chick ’n’ Pug: The Love Pug by Jennifer Sattler
This clever story about friendship shows that there is always enough love to go around.
25. Mr. Goat’s Valentine by Eve Bunting
Another heartwarming tale from one of our favorite authors. How will Mr. Goat find the perfect present to give his first love?
26. This Is Not a Valentine by Carter Higgins
Can a valentine be a valentine if it isn’t flowery and pink? Let this ode to friendship help you and your students decide.
27. When an Elephant Falls in Love by Davide Cali
Sweet with just the right amount of silliness, students and teachers will both be rooting for Elephant as he navigates his first real crush.
28. Love Is by Diane Adams
I’m not crying;, you’re crying. This tender story of a girl’s year taking care of a baby duckling is perfect for Valentine’s Day, or anytime your heart needs a little warming.
29. Groundhug Day by Anne Marie Pace
Caring animal friends scheme to make sure Groundhog can make it to Moose’s Valentine’s Day party. Hit two February holidays at once with this title!
30. Bagel in Love by Natasha Wing
What’s a bagel to do when he can’t find a partner to enter the Cherry Jubilee dance competition? This title may be full of sentimental lines, but it has important messages about self-confidence and encouragement.
31. Valensteins by Ethan Long
The Fright Club doesn’t have much experience with love. They wonder: What is Fran K. Stein making out of pink paper, and what will he do with it?
32. Pete the Cat’s Groovy Guide to Love by Kimberly and James Dean
A silly collection of famous quotes about love from our favorite cool cat.
33. The Yuckiest, Stinkiest, Best Valentine Ever by Brenda A. Ferber
Follow along as the valentine Leon makes for his secret love comes to life and hits the road saying, “Love is yucky. Stinky too. It will turn your brain to goo!” leaving Leon to chase behind in crazy pursuit.
34. Hug Machine by Scott Campbell
The main character of this heartwarming tale is a sweet snugglebug who can’t get enough hugs.
35. Here Comes Valentine Cat by Deborah Underwood
Cat is a grouchy feline who is not interested in mushy old Valentine’s Day. A charming story with a sweet lesson.
36. Peppa Pig and the I Love You Game by Candlewick Press
Peppa loves many things, but when she and her family play the I Love You Game, she learns what she loves most of all.
37. The Very Fairy Princess: Valentines from the Heart by Julie Andrews and Emma Walton Hamilton
One of our favorite Valentine’s Day books, this one is a celebration of love and friendship by favorite author Julie Andrews and her daughter.
38. Baby Penguins Love Their Mama! by Melissa Guion
Mama penguin spends her days caring lovingly for her little ones. Do they know how much she cares? Delightfully illustrated in gorgeous watercolor.
39. Here Comes a Kiss by Stacy McCleary and David Cornish
A sweet rhyming story of a day filled with loving smooches.
40. I Love You! A Gift of Love and Poetry for Children by Donald Verger
A visually beautiful book filled with stunning photography and sweet messages of unconditional love.