Love is a universal feeling. Whether you are falling for the girl of your dreams for the first time or you’ve been in a long-term relationship with your soulmate, loving someone and being loved are two of the greatest feelings in the world.
I still remember the first time Chia told me that she loved me (yes, she said it first!), and having that feeling of pure joy, happiness, and emotion sweep through me.
With gay marriage and equality growing in many countries and people opening up to and accepting same-sex relationships, we can finally have hope that at the end of the day, love wins.
Even if you haven’t found that special woman yet, don’t give up hope and know that she’s out there!
Until then, wherever you are in your journey of romantic love and finding your life partner, here is a collection of the best and most romantic lesbian love quotes and lesbian love sayings that will warm your heart.
1. Our first kiss started a revolution in my heart.
2. Even if you press every inch of your body against mine, I’d still tell you: ‘Pull me closer’.
3. Cut the ending. Revise the script. The man of her dreams is a girl. – Julie Anne Peters
4. I love you. Always Have. always will.
5. Every day I spend with you is the new best day of my life.
6. It will always be you, for the rest of my life and beyond.
7. My prince charming is a princess.
8. The idea is not to live forever but to create a love that will.
9. Love is not about finding the right person but creating the right relationship. It’s not about how much love you have in the beginning but how much love you’ve built in the end.
10. Staring at her and thinking, ‘How did a girl like her end up with a girl like me?’ – Chaz Bono
11. When I am with you, the whole world stops.
12. We are both ‘the girl’ in the relationship. That’s kinda the point.
13. True love is like a pair of socks–you gotta have two and they’ve gotta match.
14. If someone truly loves you, they won’t tell you love stories, they will make a love story with you.
15. I need you like a heart needs a beat.
16. I didn’t know how to not be with her. – Tig Notaro
17. When I open my eyes, I see your face next to mine and nothing else matters.
18. You are mine and each time you smile at me or say my name, I get the same butterflies.
19. Love conquers all. You are my love and my all.
20. Your kisses are something I will always crave.
21. But I love your feet only because they walked upon the earth and upon the wind and upon the waters, until they found me.
22. All I wish is that the nights when we are together would never end.
23. Every day of our marriage is unique. Each time I look at you, I am not only amazed by your beauty, but by the fact that everything I have ever wanted is found in you.
24. You have to be willing to fight in order for a love story to last a lifetime.
25. All we really need to survive is one person who truly loves us. – Penny Widmore, Lost
26. Love isn’t the number of kisses or how often you get them. True love is the feeling that still lingers long after the kiss is over.
27. If you live to be a hundred, I want to live to be a hundred minus one day so I never have to live without you.
29. There’s happiness, and then there’s love, and then there’s completion. – Ellen DeGeneres
30. When your best friend becomes your girlfriend, it feels like you’ve won the jackpot.
31. The best smell in the world is the woman that you love.
32. I want all of my lasts to be with you.
33. All love that has not friendship for its base is like a mansion built upon sand. – Ella Wheeler Wilcox
34. Love is a choice you make from moment to moment. – Barbara de Angelis
35. True love is choosing the many things a person did right rather than the one thing they did wrong.
36. Love is when the other person’s happiness is more important than your own. – H. Jackson Brown, Jr.
37. True love is not how you forgive, but how you forget, not what you see but what you feel, not how you listen but how you understand, and not how you let go but how you hold on.
38. You are the woman who owns me completely and irrevocably. I love you.
39. Have you noticed? Every time we kiss, you’re prettier. Do you know why that is? It’s called love.
40. My love for you has no limits. It is the beginning and the end of everything.
41. She’s my role model, my traveling companion, my most reliable source of light, my fortitude. – Elizabeth Gilbert
42. Love is composed of a single soul inhabiting two bodies. – Aristotle
43. Your skin is tenderer than the petals of roses–I can spend eternity touching it.
44. Bucket List: You. You. You.
45. Where there is love there is life. – Mahatma Gandhi
46. You’re the first thought in my head when I wake up and the last thought before I go to sleep.
47. If you want to know how much I love and care for you, count the waves. – Kenneth Koch
48. I found you in the clarity of the moon, not the rigor of the sun. Not in the light, where it’s easier to see, but when the world is blind and love’s eyes are free.
49. We loved with a love that was more than love. – Edgar Allan Poe
50. It can only be true love when you enable your other half to be better, to be the person they’re destined to be. – Michelle Yeoh
51. There are so many reasons to love you. Your cute smile, your sweet laugh, your innocence, and your kind heart makes me love you.
52. To love and be loved is to feel the sun from both sides. – David Viscott
Cute Lesbian Quotes
- “Life is too short to ignore love.” – Unknown.
2. “He’s a she and ‘she’ is amazing.” – Unknown.
3. “You can’t control who you fall in love with.” – Unknown.
4. “You have to be willing to fight in order for a love story to last a lifetime.” – Cristina Marrero.
5. “The world has bigger problems than boys who kiss boys & girls who kiss girls.” – Unknown.
6. “Love is too beautiful to be hidden in a closet.” – Unknown.
7. “Being gay is like being left-handed. Some people are, most people aren’t, and nobody really knows why. It’s not right or wrong; it’s just the way things are.” – Unknown.
8. “Don’t ever be afraid to show off your true colours.” – Unknown.
9. “She is the gold at the end of the rainbow.” – Unknown.
10. “Love always wins.” –Unknown.
11. “Life is too short to ignore love.” – Unknown.
12. “Love is never wrong.” – Unknown.
13. “Love has no gender.” – Unknown.
14. “Love who your heart wants, not what your eyes want. Don’t worry about what others say or think. This love is yours, not theirs.” – Unknown.
Lesbian Love Quotes
15. “You don’t fall in love with the gender; you fall in love with the person.” – Sandra Alvarenga.
16. “It is not a matter of choosing girls over boys; it’s choosing happiness over society.” – Unknown.
17. “No one has imagined us. We want to live like trees, sycamores blazing through the sulfuric air, dappled with scars, still exuberantly budding, our animal passion rooted in the city.” – Adrienne Rich.
18. “Girls love each other like animals. There is something ferocious and unself-conscious about it. We don’t guard ourselves like we do with boys. No one trains us to shield our hearts from each other. With girls, it’s total vulnerability from the beginning. Our skin is bare and soft. We love with claws and teeth and the blood is just proof of how much. It’s feral.” – Leah Raeder.
19. “Being a lesbian means I have the opportunity to love what is uncommon, and I’m okay with that. I do not cry myself to sleep or am upset by the life that I lead because of who I care about. Because I accept the fact that it is simply love.” – Jenna Anne.
20. “No government has the right to tell its citizens when or whom to love.” – Rita Mae Brown.
21. “Lesbian existence comprises both the breaking of a taboo and the rejection of a compulsory way of life. It is also a direct or indirect attack on the male right of access to women.” – Adrienne Rich.
22. “I am a lesbian. It doesn’t mean I want to be a man. It doesn’t mean I hate men. It just means I am happy being a woman who is attracted to women.” – Unknown.
23. “I don’t understand the hatred and fear of gays and bisexuals and lesbians… it’s a concept I honestly cannot grasp. To me, it’s not who you love… a man, a woman, what have you… it’s the fact that you love. That is all that truly matters.” – Al Pacino.
24. “Any world which did not have a place for me loving women was not a world in which I wanted to live, nor one which I could fight for.” – Audre Lorde.
25. “We should never change who we are, just because society does not approve.” – Unknown.
26. “We deserve to experience love fully, equally, without shame and without compromise.” – Ellen Page.
Lesbian Relationship Quotes
27. “Cut the ending. Revise the script. The man of her dreams is a girl.” – Julie Anne Peters.
28. “Every day I can’t believe it. It’s such a joy to have such a great lady, and the beauty of freedom reveals itself to me in a time-release fashion.” –Chely Wright.
29. “I could say the same thing I’ve said in every relationship: I’m happy. But there’s happiness, and there’s love, and then there’s completion.” – Ellen DeGeneres.
30. “I’m in love with Christine because she’s her. If she were a man, would I be in love with her? I don’t know. We shop and cook and raise children–we both pitch in.” – Cynthia Nixon.
31. “My feelings for Ellen overrode all of my fear about being out as a lesbian. I had to be with her, and I just figured I’d deal with the other stuff later.” –Portia de Rossi.
32. “I don’t think most people understand what true love is. It’s not the cheesy “couple goals” posts for Instagram. It’s not the fancy dates, the happy hours, or the majestic nights laughing at silly movies. True love is waking up in the middle of the night to help you when you’re sick because I don’t want you to be sick alone. It’s being your shoulder to cry on, to vent to. True love is being your biggest cheerleader and toughest critic. True love is looking at each other on a spiritual level, a level so deep that you can feel them when they’re gone. True love is six little words, “no matter what, I got you.” – Sylvester Menutt.
33. “Two women don’t stay in love because they sleep in the same bed… but because they share the same dreams and are willing to fight for each other.” – Unknown.
34. “I think, in the future, people are going to look back and say, ‘I can’t believe that gay and lesbian people had to fight to be able to get married.’” – Edy Ganem.
35. “My prince charming is a princess.” – Unknown.
36. “I believe that marriage isn’t between a man and woman, but between love and love.” – Frank Ocean.
37. “Love is patient, love is kind, love means slowly losing your mind.” – Unknown.
38. “One day I’ll find her. And when they ask me how I knew she was the one, I’ll them ‘because she loved me in spite of all the unlovable pieces she had to pick up’.” – Leo Christopher.
39. “Love is Love.” – Unknown.
Inspiring Lesbian Quotes & Sayings
40. “I became a lesbian because of women, because women are beautiful, strong, and compassionate.” – Rita Mae Brown.
41. “I am a writer who happens to love women. I am not a lesbian who happens to write.” – Jeanette Winterson.
42. “Everybody’s journey is individual. If you fall in love with a boy, you fall in love with a boy. The fact that many Americans consider it a disease says more about them than it does about homosexuality.” – James Baldwin.
43. “Openness may not completely disarm prejudice, but it’s a good place to start.” – Jason Collins.
44. “When all Americans are treated as equal, no matter who they are or whom they love, we are all free.” – Barack Obama.
45. “This world would be a whole lot better if we just made an effort to be less horrible to one another.” – Elliot Page.
46. “The true feminist deals out of a lesbian consciousness whether or not she ever sleeps with women.” – Audre Lorde.
47. “Being a black lesbian myself, I roll my eyes a little bit when I see black lesbian characters on shows where it’s purely there for decoration. You can just hear it in the writer’s room… ‘What if we make her a lesbian?’” – Lena Waithe.
48. “Everyone is their own kind of lesbian. To think there’s a certain way to dress or present yourself in the world is just one more stereotype we have to fit into.” – Portia de Rossi.
49. “Every gay and lesbian person who has been lucky enough to survive the turmoil of growing up is a survivor. Survivors always have an obligation to those who will face the same challenges.” – Bob Paris.
50. “All young people, regardless of sexual orientation or identity, deserve a safe and supportive environment in which to achieve their full potential.” – Harvey Milk.
51. “It takes some intelligence and insight to figure out you’re gay and then a tremendous amount of balls to live it and live it proudly.” – Jason Bateman.
52. “I think being gay is a blessing, and it’s something I am thankful for every single day.” – Anderson Cooper.
53. “I very much want to inject gay culture into the mainstream. It’s not an underground tool for me. It’s my whole life.” – Lady Gaga.
54. “If you are in the closet and fall in love with someone of the same gender, it doesn’t automatically remove the shame and fear that’s kept you locked away. The love you are experiencing encourages you to face the reality that this is who you really are and also has the power to set you free. The richness, beauty and depths of love can only be fully experienced in a climate of complete openness, honesty and vulnerability. Love, the most powerful of human emotions, is calling you to freedom and wholeness.” – Anthony Venn Brown.
55. “There’s nothing wrong with you. There’s a lot wrong with the world you live in.” – Chris Colfer.
56. “Please remember, especially in these times of group-think and the right-on chorus, that no person is your friend (or kin) who demands your silence, or denies your right to grow and be perceived as fully blossomed as you were intended.” – Alice Walker.
57. “We should indeed keep calm in the face of difference, and live our lives in a state of inclusion and wonder at the diversity of humanity.” – George Takei.
58. “Where my evolution took place was not in my attitude toward same-sex couples, it was in understanding the pain and the sense of stigma that was being placed on same-sex couples who are friends of mine, where they’d say, “You know what, if you’re not calling it marriage, it doesn’t feel like the same thing.” – Barack Obama.
59. “Personally, coming out was one of the most important things I’ve ever done, lifting from my shoulders the millstone of lies that I hadn’t even realised I was carrying.” – Sir Ian McKellen.
60. “It’s been a journey and a process of becoming totally out and sort of living that truth and having it be a daily thing. I’m at the point now that I want people to know that, and I want to talk about it. We’re coming so far as a society, but we still have so far to go. So until we’re all the way there, I’ll probably die talking about it.” – Megan Rapinoe.
61. “The pressures on gay teens can be overwhelming–to keep secrets, tell lies, deny who you are, and try to be who you’re not. Remember: you are special and worth being cared about, loved, and accepted just as you are. Never, ever let anyone convince you otherwise.” – Alex Sanchez.
62. “I don’t want there to be gay marriage. I just want there to be happy marriage and lasting marriage and healthy marriage. And I look forward to a day when we don’t have to talk about it anymore.” – Pink.
63. “Find out who you are and be that person. That’s what your soul was put on this Earth to be. Find that truth, live that truth, and everything else will come.” – Ellen De Generes.
64. “I don’t understand why people think that having a gay child means they failed as a parent. Disowning your child means you failed as a parent.” – Unknown.
65. “The beauty of standing up for your rights is others will see you standing and stand up as well.” – Cassandra Duffy.
66. “If God had wanted me otherwise, he would have created me otherwise.” – Erika Linder.
67. “I wanted to represent minorities in the respect of people who had been bullied in school or people who were gay or lesbian or trans or people who aren’t blonde haired and blue-eyed. I have short hair, and I am covered in tattoos. I like showing people that it’s within their rights to be different.” – Ruby Rose.