Best Cactus Quotes
There are many quotes on cactus said by many well-known writers and thinkers. Here are some quotes about cactus for you.
1. “The cactus thrives in the desert while the fern thrives in the wetland…. The florist will sigh and add a wall divider and proper soil to both sides…The child will turn it around properly so that the fern is in the shade, and not the cactus….”
– Vera Nazarian, ‘The Perpetual Calendar of Inspiration’.
2. “Take the rose—most people think it very beautiful: I don’t care for it at all. I prefer the cactus, for the simple reason that it has a more interesting personality. It has wonderfully adapted itself to its surroundings! It is the best illustration of the theory of evolution in plant life.”
– Charles Proteus Steinmetz
3. “If you get struck by a cactus, consider it a cactus kiss. Because we all know Love hurts.”
– Jessica Anna Jones
4. “Being negative only makes a difficult journey more difficult. You may be given a cactus, but you don’t have to sit on it.”
– Joyce Meyer
5. “People trample over flowers, yet only to embrace a cactus.”
– James Joyce
6. “What a surprise. That boy doesn’t have the sense God gave a cactus.”
– Kathleen Peacock, ‘Hemlock’.
7. “During your struggle society is not a bunch of flowers, it is a bunch of cacti.”
– Amit Kalanithi, ‘Wealth of Words’.
8. “It was the act of a gentleman, and Damian was as gentle as a cactus.”
– Isabella Sheikh, ‘Converting the Bad Boy’.
9. “Be sharp like a cactus, people are afraid to touch and not a sort of rubbish.”
10. “Anger was simple, self-sustaining as a cactus. You couldn’t look too closely at it, lest the spines get you in the eye.”
– Rebecca Scherm, ‘Unbecoming’.
11. “Cactus classification is similar to fashion on women skirts: they first shorten improperly and then lengthen excessively.”
– R. Foster
12. “In a world full of flowers, be a cactus.”
– Kul Bhushan Negi
13. “Deserts never believe in cactus. seeds so.”
– Deepak Gupta, ’10 Principles to Love Yourself’.
14. “A daisy blooming in a desert is worth more than a rose blossoming in a rainforest.”
– Mashona Dhimaya
15. “If a flower can flourish in the desert, you can flourish anywhere.”
– Mashona Dhimaya
16. “A creative person has to create. It doesn’t really matter what you create. If such a dancer wanted to go out and build the cactus gardens where he could, in Mexico, let him do that, but something that is creative has to go on.”
– Katherine Dunham
17. “So, they drove again, Vivien sitting up and looking now, but as navigator only, letting the desert scratch its own thorny poetry on the enormous moon.”
– Douglas Woolf, ‘Wall to Wall’.
Funny Cactus Quotes
Cactus is an unusually inspiring plant and this succulent has more personality to it. Check out these cactus quotes and cactus sayings about the succulent plant. A cactus quote on this list might prickle your funny bone!
18. “I’m like the trunk of a cactus… I take in a dose of culture and time with friends, then I retreat and go live on it for a while until I get thirsty again.”
– Nancy Horan
19. “A cactus doesn’t live in the desert because it likes the desert; it lives there because the desert hasn’t killed it yet.”
– Hope Jahren
20. “My dad is like a cactus – introverted and tough.”
– Gary Anarchic
21. “Adolescence is like cactus.”
– Anais Nin
22. “Even from far away, I could see people being chased by hellhounds, burned at the stake, forced to run naked through cactus patches or listen to opera music.”
– Rick Riordan
23. “I bought a cactus. A week later it died. And I got depressed, because I thought, Damn. I am less nurturing than a desert.”
– Demetri Martin
24. “I remember very clearly someone saying, ‘Don’t shake hands with the cactus,’ and I thought, ‘Well, why not? What could possibly go wrong?’ Shaking hands is a friendly gesture.”
– Benedict Cumberbatch
Cute Cactus And Plant Quotes
Some find cacti cute when they keep them in their homes. So, here are some cute cactus quotes and cactus love quotes.
25. “Very often, people are obsessed with what others think of them. It’s like if a flower wants to be a cactus or a palm but it’s not. A flower is a flower, and that’s enough. That’s all you have to do is be a flower. ”
– Stephan Hauser
26. “Cactus plants are blooming’, sagebrush everywhere / Granite spires are standing’ all around / I tell you folks it’s Heaven, to be riding’ down the trail / When the desert sun goes down.”
– Gene Autry
27. “Love speaks in flowers. Truth requires thorns.”
– Leigh Bard Ugo, ‘The Language of Thorns: Midnight Tales and Dangerous Magic’.
28. “I hope that while so many people are out smelling the flowers, someone is taking the time to plant some.”
– Herbert Rappaport
29. “The thorns are worth bearing for a flower.”
30. “If one can see beauty in the strength of how a cactus blooms in the desert. They would see beauty in the thorns it displays.”
– Reena Sharma
31. “A cactus is a desert’s rose.”
– Mashona Dhimaya
Cactus Quotes For Instagram
The cactus aesthetic is in trend right now. Many people like having the succulent plant displayed. They also make for cute pictures and cactus Instagram captions. Check them out below. These include some plant quotes as well.
32. “Gardening requires lots of water – most of it in the form of perspiration.”
– Lou Erickson
33. “If seeds waited for perfect conditions to grow, there would be no plants in the desert.”
– Mashona Dhimaya
34. “Deserts are very dry places, but plants can still grow there. Desert plants collect and use water in special ways.”
– Julie Penn
35. “Nothing’s all bad. There are very beautiful flowers in the desert amidst the spikes and thorns. Just don’t let them take over. In the garden of love there is little room for prickly things.”
– Kate McGaha
36. “Plants give us oxygen for the lungs and for the soul.”
– Linda Solegato
Being negative only makes a difficult journey more difficult. You may be given a cactus, but you don’t have to sit on it.
People trample over flowers, yet only to embrace a cactus.
The world is full of cactus, but we don’t have to sit on it
Adolescence is like cactus.
Hope is not a resting place but a starting point – a cactus, not a cushion
Don’t jack off a cactus, you’ll only hurt your hand and the cactus’ feelings
Reach for the stars, even if you have to stand on a cactus.
She was elusive. She was today. She was tomorrow. She was the faintest scent of a cactus flower, the flitting shadow of an elf owl. We did not know what to make of her. In our minds we tried to pin her to a cork board like a butterfly, but the pin merely went through and away she flew.
Loving someone who doesn’t love you back is like hugging a cactus. The tighter you hold on, the more it’s going to hurt.
I bought a cactus. A week later it died. And I got depressed, because I thought, Damn. I am less nurturing than a desert.
Focusing on the negative only makes a difficult journey more difficult
The Big Cactus… because if you come too close, you’re gonna get stuck.
I’m an observer of life. I like to watch people, and I like to watch cactus. I like to talk to mountains and communicate with my friends in the other spheres and dimensions.
Who wants to become a writer? And why? Because it’s the answer to everything. … It’s the streaming reason for living. To note, to pin down, to build up, to create, to be astonished at nothing, to cherish the oddities, to let nothing go down the drain, to make something, to make a great flower out of life, even if it’s a cactus.
I’m like the trunk of a cactus… I take in a dose of culture and time with friends, then I retreat and go live on it for awhile until I get thirsty again.
A whale is as unique as a cactus. But don’t ask a whale to survive Death Valley. We all have special gifts. Where we use them and how determines whether we actually complete something.
What is the difference between a cactus and a conservative caucus? On a cactus, the pricks are on the outside.
I remember very clearly someone saying, ‘Don’t shake hands with the cactus,’ and I thought, ‘Well, why not? What could possibly go wrong?’ Shaking hands is a friendly gesture.
She was elusive. She was today. She was tomorrow.
The secret of improved plant breeding, apart from scientific knowledge, is love. While I was conducting experiments to make spineless cacti, I often talked to the plants. . . . “You have nothing to fear,” I would tell them. “You don’t need your defensive thorns. I will protect you.” Gradually the useful plant of the desert emerged in a thornless variety.
A creative person has to create. It doesn’t really matter what you create. If such a dancer wanted to go out and build the cactus gardens where he could, in Mexico, let him do that, but something that is creative has to go on.
Thanks a heap coyote ugly. This cactus-gram stings worse than your abandonment.
I want my body to help fertilize the growth of a cactus or cliff rose or sagebrush or tree.
I’m erased. I’m gone. I’m nothing. And then the world is free to flow into me like water into an empty bowl…. And… I see. I hear. But not with eyes and ears. I’m not outside my world anymore, and I’m not really inside it either. The thing is, there’s no difference between me and the universe. The boundary is gone. I am it and it is me. I am a stone, a cactus thorn. I am rain. I like that most of all, being rain.