“The Boondock Saints” Quotes
“- Rocco: Fuckin’! What the fuckin’. Fuck. Who the fuck fucked this fucking… How did you two fucking fucks… Fuck!
– Connor: Well, that certainly illustrates the diversity of the word.”
“Shepherds we shall be For Thee my Lord, for Thee Power hath descended forth from Thy hand our feet may swiftly carry out Thy commands. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee and teeming with souls shall it ever be. In nomine Patri, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti.”
“- Murphy: There are varying degrees of evil. We urge you lesser forms of filth not to push the bounds and cross over into true corruption, into our domain.
– Connor: For if you do, one day you will look behind you and you will see we three. And on that day, you will reap it.
– Murphy: And we will send you to whatever god you wish.”
“- Connor: The rule of thumb here is…
– Rosengurtie: Wait, rule of thumb? In the early 1900s it was legal for men to beat their wives, as long as they used a stick no wider than their thumb.
– Connor: Can’t do much damage with that then, can we? Perhaps it should have been a rule of wrist?”
during job training for an avid feminist
“Your father and I used him three times in twenty years, only when things got totally fucked. Whenever we needed one of our own bumped off, we called this guy in. He had a thing for clipping wiseguys, but only one rule: no women, no kids. Believe me, kid, you don’t want this guy unless you are one hundred percent sure you need him. He’s a fucking…” (CONTINUE READING)
talking about Il Duce, because Yakavetta wants to call him
“- Connor: D’you know what I think is psycho, Roc? It’s decent men with loving families. They go home every day after work and they turn on the news. You know what they see? They see rapists, and murderers and child molesters. They’re all getting out of prison.
– Murphy: Mafiosos. Gettin’ caught with twenty kilos. Gettin’ out on bail the same…” (CONTINUE READING)
talking to Rocco
“- Connor: We haven’t really got a system of deciding who, Roc. It’s, uh…
– Rocco: Me! Me! I’m the guy! I know everyone! Their habits, who they hang out with, who they talk to! I’ve got phone numbers, addresses! I know who they’re fucking! I know where they live! We could kill everyone.
“- Ivan Checkov: I am Ivan Checkov, and you will be closing now.
– Murphy: Checkov? Well, this here’s McCoy. We find a Spock, we got us an away team.”
Checkov, McCoy and Spock are Star Trek’s characters
“- Doc: You know what they say: people in glass houses sink ships.
– Rocco: Doc, I gotta buy you… like, a proverb book or something. This mix ‘n’ match shit’s gotta go.
– Doc: What?
– Connor: A penny saved is worth two in the bush, isn’t it?
– Murphy: And don’t cross the road if you can’t get out of the kitchen.”
“I put evil men behind bars, but the law has miles of red tape and loopholes for these cocksuckers to slip through.”
drunk, in the confession booth
“Do not kill. Do not rape. Do not steal. These are principles which every man of every faith can embrace.”
“- Connor: What the fuck are you doing?
– Rocco: …I’ll tip her.”
after Rocco fondles an unconscious stripper’s breast
“Never shall innocent blood be shed, yet the blood of the wicked shall flow like a river.”
“- Connor: Do ya know what we need, man? Some rope.
– Murphy: Absolutely. What are ya, insane?
– Connor: No I ain’t. Charlie Bronson’s always got rope.
– Murphy: What?
– Connor: Yeah. He’s got a lot of rope strapped around him in the movies, and they always end up using it.”
they’re picking out weapons and gear
“- Connor: How far are we gonna take this, Da?
– Il Duce: The question is not how far. The question is, do you possess the constitution, the depth of faith, to go as far is as needed?”
“- Rocco: I killed your cat, you druggie bitch.
– Donna: God.
– Rayvie: What?
– Donna: Why?
– Rocco: I thought it would bring closure to our relationship.”
“We must all fear evil men. But there is another kind of evil which we must fear most, and that is the indifference of good men.”
“These two are not heroes. They’re just two ordinary men who were put in an extraordinary situation and they just happened to come out on top. Yes, nothing from our far-reaching computer system has turned up diddly on these two. All we know is what we found out from the neighbors, and the general consensus is, they’re angels. But angels don’t…” (CONTINUE READING)
talking about Connor and Murphy
“Shut your fat ass, Rayvie! I can’t buy a pack of smokes without runnin’ into nine guys you fucked!”
“- Connor: Jeez! It’s a fuckin’ six-shooter. Fuck!
– Murphy: There’s nine bodies, genius.
– Connor: What the fuck were you gonna do, laugh the last three to death, Funny-Man?”
“They can suck my pathetic little dick, and I’ll dip my nuts in marinara sauce just so the fat bastards can get a taste of home while they’re at it!”
talking about Italian mobsters
“All the lowlifes in quiet city Boston start dropping dead and you think it’s unrelated! Greenly, the day I want the Boston Police to do my thinking for me, I will have a fucking tag on my toe!”
“When I raise my flashing sword, and my hand takes hold on judgment, I will take vengeance upon mine enemies, and I will repay those who hate me. Oh, Lord, raise me to Thy right hand and count me among Thy saints.”
“- Detective Duffy: This was their target, the fag-man.
– Paul Smecker: …The what-man?
– Detective Duffy: The fat man.
– Paul Smecker: Well. Freud was right.”
“- Connor: Donna’s gonna be angry about her cat.
– Rocco: Shit. She’s on every drug known to man. She’d have sold the thing for a dime-bag. Screw her. I do kinda feel like an asshole, though.
– Connor: Yeah, Roc, you sound real remorseful there.”
Rocco killed Donna’s cat
“- Detective Dolly: Nobody reported any gunshots.
– Paul Smecker: This is an Irish neighborhood. I’m surprised you even got a phone call.”
talking about the scene of the two dead Russian mobsters
“- Paul Smecker: Brilliant. So now we got a huge guy theory, and a serial crusher theory. Top notch. What’s your name?
– Detective Greenly: Detective Greenly. Who the fuck are you?
– Paul Smecker: That’s who the fuck I am.”
Agent Smecker walks up to the first crime scene, where Chekov and his partner lay dead. When Greenly asks him who he is, he opens his coat and shows his FBI credential
“- Paul Smecker: What are you doing?
– Hojo: I just wanted to cuddle.
– Paul Smecker: Cuddle? What a fag.”
after Smecker gets a phone call in bed with his gay lover and slaps him
“- The Priest: Would they ever harm an innocent person for any reason?
– Paul Smecker: No, they would never do that. Well, the two Irish guys wouldn’t, the Italian guy… he might, he’s kind of an idiot.”
referring to Rocco
“Television. Television is the explanation for this – you see this in badtelevision. Little assault guys creeping through the vents, coming in through the ceiling – that James Bond shit never happens in real life! Professionals don’t do that!”
“Whosoever shed man’s blood, by man shall his blood be shed. For in the image of God made He man.”
The best The Boondock Saints quotes make you realize how great the movie really is, even if you haven’t seen it in a while. Let’s rank the greatest quotes from The Boondock Saints, with the help of your votes. Starring Sean Patrick Flanery and Norman Reedus, The Boondock Saints was directed by Troy Duffy and released in 1999.
What is your favorite The Boondock Saints quote? One memorable line was when Connor said, “You don’t f*cking know what you’re gonna need it for. They just always need it.” Another great line from The Boondock Saints is, “We’re sorta like 7-Eleven. We’re not always doing business, but we’re always open,” spoken by Murphy.
Il Duce:You people have been chosen to reveal our existence to the world. You will witness what happens here today, and you will tell of it later… all eyes to the front. You must watch dear, it’ll all be over soon.
Connor: Now you will receive us.
Murphy: We do not ask for your poor, or your hungry.
Connor: We do not want your tired and sick.
Murphy: It is your corrupt we claim.
Connor: It is your evil that will be sought by us.
Murphy: With every breath, we shall hunt them down.
Connor: Each day we will spill their blood, ’til it rains down from the skies.
Murphy: Do not kill. Do not rape. Do not steal. These are principles which every man of every faith can embrace.
Connor: These are not polite suggestions. These are codes of behavior, and those of you that ignore them will pay the dearest cost.
Murphy: There are varying degrees of evil. We urge you lesser forms of filth, not to push the bounds and cross over, into true corruption, into our domain.
Connor: For if you do, one day you will look behind you and you will see we three, and on that day you will reap it.
Murphy: And he will send you to whatever god you wish.
Connor, Murphy and Il Duce: And shepherds we shall be, for Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, that our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee, and teeming with souls shall it ever be.
Il Duce: In nomine Patris…
Murphy: …et Spiritus Sancti.
The Diversity Of The Word
Rocco: F*ckin’… what the f*ckin’ f*ck…who the f*ck…f*ck this f*ckin’… how did you two f*ckin’ f*cks … f*ck!
Connor: Well, that certainly illustrates the diversity of the word.
Murphy: We’re sorta like 7-Eleven. We’re not always doing business, but we’re always open.
Connor: That is nicely put.