Let’s be totally honest here, Valentine’s Day is not for everyone. For some people, it’s another huge reminder that you’re still riding that #single train even though you’re totally awesome. For others, it’s a stressful day when you have to spend a lot of money and time to impress your bae when you’re constantly showering them with love anyway. No matter which group you fall under, I think we can all agree that apart from the half-price chocolate the next day and the extra BFF time you get on Galentine’s Day, Valentine’s Day itself actually sucks.
1. When you finally get a Valentine, but it isn’t exactly what you expected.
2. Let’s be honest, this is what we REALLY want on Valentine’s Day.
3. When you just want bae to get the hint.
4. When you just have to be realistic about how the day is going to go.
5. When you can’t even enjoy half of these memes anyway.
6. When you figure out exactly how to celebrate the holiday.
7. When you don’t need a bae anyway because you’re independent af.
8. When you decide to treat yourself anyway, even though you hate the holiday.
9. When people ask you why you’re still single even though Valentine’s Day is coming up.
10. When you finally figure out the perfect schedule for your Valentine’s Day.
11. When no valentine *quite* says what you really feel.
12. When you start to realize that all you’ve done on Valentine’s Day is look at memes like this one.
13. When you buy yourself something nice, ’cause you’re the perfect Valentine.
14. Trying to explain to your parents that the reason why you’re still single is not your fault.