Christmas Tree Store Decorating your home during Christmas can be a lot of fun. Colorful festoons, fairy lights, snowflake cutouts, and ribbons can make the atmosphere festive. If you’re a wiz at crafts—or are just feeling adventurous this year—you can even endeavor to make your own Christmas decorations instead of using store-bought trinkets. Involving your loved ones in this craft project can make it even better because it is a chance to bond and get creative together.
The possibilities for homemade Christmas decorations are endless. You can paint a cookie tin with the family name, string popcorn to create a garland for your Christmas tree and create your own Christmas tree ornaments. You can even turn it into an annual project where every year, each member of the family creates a new ornament. In just a few years, you’ll have a collection of ornaments that are not only personal but also reflect the growth and changes of each family member.
If you’re looking for inspiration for your homemade Christmas decorations, these quotes from the famous and not-so-famous may spark your creativity.
- “A Christmas candle is a lovely thing; it makes no noise at all, but softly gives itself away; while quite unselfish, it grows small.” — Eva K. Logue
- “The perfect Christmas tree? All Christmas trees are perfect!” — Charles N. Barnard
- “Never worry about the size of your Christmas tree. In the eyes of children, they are all 30 feet tall.” — Larry Wilde
The Sounds and Smells of Christmas
- “I heard the bells on Christmas Day / Their old, familiar carols play, and wild and sweet / The word repeat of peace on earth, good-will to men!” — Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- “The smells of Christmas are the smells of childhood.” — Richard Paul Evans
- “Do give books—religious or otherwise—for Christmas. They’re never fattening, seldom sinful, and permanently personal.” — Lenore Hershey
- “Nothing’s as mean as giving a little child something useful for Christmas.” — Kin Hubbard
The Christmas Spirit
- “The best of all gifts around any Christmas tree: the presence of a happy family all wrapped up in each other.” — Burton Hillis
- “He who has not Christmas in his heart will never find it under a tree.” — Roy L. Smith
- “Love Christmas, not just because of the presents but because of all the decorations and lights and the warmth of the season.” — Ashley Tisdale
- “Christmas, children, is not a date. It is a state of mind.” — Mary Ellen Chase
- “Christmas is doing a little something extra for someone.” — Charles M. Schulz
- “Christmas waves a magic wand over this world, and behold, everything is softer and more beautiful.” — Norman Vincent Peale
- “Gifts of time and love are surely the basic ingredients of a truly merry Christmas.” — Peg Bracken